Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Exhaust Needed 2004 996 C4S Cab

sthomson22

Hi all, totally new to the site and need some help and recommendations please.

I've owned my Dec204 996 C4S cab for 12 years and never really had any issues but now my [sports] exhaust is on the way out. So, aside from the vanilla option of replacing with an original Porsche exhaust, what are the best third party options out there? Dansk seems to get talked about a lot but some say one version too quiet, the other too loud! I'm not really concerned about it being too noisy so long as its a 'nice' noise! Are there any there options I should definitely be looking at?

As an aside, I'm looking for a good, reliable, reputable independent garage to carry out this work, ideally having a car or two at their disposal with different exhaust system so that I can hear.... I'm in east London/Essex but anywhere London or home counties would work although Essex was would be preferable.

Many thanks in advance all your help.

Hi and welcome

I wouldn't say the original Porsche sports exhaust is a vanilla option. I had one on a previous C4S and would say it is the perfect 996 sound, so if it's in budget that would be my replacement option of choice. A cheaper option would be to get some standard silencers and have the gundo mod done. Any decent fabrication place should be able to do this for you. Hayward and Scott are in Essex I believe so maybe have a chat with them?

I currently have a C2 with the louder of the Dansk silencers and it does sound great but occasionally its a bit 'in your face'.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi,

I'm also in Essex and take my car to 9Excellence (Horley near Gatwick)
As most will attest on here they are excellent and can certainly point you in the right direction

Hope this helps

Don't bother with the DANSK - they sound nice but fail on the flexi part after 12 months and customer service isn't that good when they do. Top Gear provide great solutions and they're made in the UK too. Price is good, especially on a budget and the build quality is excellent. They also have various installation partners around the UK. What's not to like.

One more thing - the after sales customer service is excellent!! :thumbs:

Have a browse of their website and see what you think:

https://www.topgear.co.uk/

Another vote for TopGear, 200 cel cats and the mild sport boxes sounds great.Not as rorty as the oe sports but a lovely deep bass note.A mate also went TopGear with a switchable sports system and is happy with it.

Top Gear 👍 had a couple, nice quality and British made 👌

The DANSK lasted me just over 2 years before they started to split on the flexis. The Top Gear have been on for over 5 years now. They've been off and on the car a few times now for other maintenance and still look like new (apart from the usual tar and dirt). The build quality on them is great, unlike the naff DANSK.

Expensive but i do not believe you can beat the OEM PSE on this model. Sounds fabulous. Not too loud just sporty like 911 should sound :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back