Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New car - a few questions

Weston Matt

Monza
Hi all,

I collected my car on Tuesday - a black c2s 60k with 2 owners.

Overall in very good condition but has a few bits on the leather I would like to get sorted. There are some dents in some of the panels and seats that I would like to smooth out. Also, the bolster shows wear that needs to be refinished. So questions are

How can I remove the dents?
Does anyone know the leather colour for black seats, I know there are different blacks and the standard black from furniture clinic may to too black

Lastly, it has a CD changer that the previous owner never used. I filled the changer ok but it doesn't the PCM says not loaded and now I can't eject it

Sorry for the long winded message and I will get some pics up soon

Thanks

Matt

:congrats:

Re the dents, you'll be amazed at how a decent paintless dent repair (PDR) man can make those dents disappear.

There's lots of threads on the Detailing sub-forum that will help re your black leather query.

Good luck

The CD changer is basically dead .. check to see if there's a fuse for it as i'm not sure ... fuse chart in the fuse board cover right hand foot well .

To get the CD's out it may well be a case of sripping the unit .. i've done it previously and it's not that easy but you can get them out ... Cd stack is toast at this point and a MOST bypass loop is required .. ebay should sell them .

Yes, the dents are in the leather not the bodywork.

Weird about the changer. It ejected the magazine ok and when I put it back in sounded like it took it ok.

Looking at options on the stereo so we'll see

Magic919 said:
Maybe the dents are in leather panels.

:oops: sorry :coat:

You might have some success with a hair dryer or heat gun (watch the surface temperature!)... it can tighten leather dents and creases, or at least improve them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqaZAghazM

If they are really bad and have damaged the surface underneath then you can fill the dents or cuts, emboss with leather grain pattern then dye. Kits available.

Colourlock products look great. I've used the Gliptone dye kits to touch in bolsters before.

I know you can repair/renovate the leather yourself, and I'm going to give that a try at some point, but I had the driver's bolster fairly cracked whilst everything else was in great shape. I went to Interior Revivals in Newark - fantastic service and brilliant results.

Weston Matt said:

Weird about the changer. It ejected the magazine ok and when I put it back in sounded like it took it ok.

Cd changer on mine has played up from day one and now the pcm head unit cd only works when it wants too..Not sure what model you have but on my early 997 you press the Cd button once for the changer to work and press again for the Cd head unit to work..

As I mentioned earlier mine played up from day one it'll work all week great with no issues...then for a week I'll only have the radio and no Cd output...

Frankyboy said:
Weston Matt said:

Cd changer on mine has played up from day one and now the pcm head unit cd only works when it wants too..Not sure what model you have but on my early 997 you press the Cd button once for the changer to work and press again for the Cd head unit to work..

As I mentioned earlier mine played up from day one it'll work all week great with no issues...then for a week I'll only have the radio and no Cd output...

I think mine is the same as yours, press twice for the changer.

I'm leaning towards a new double din unit at some point. but for now I'll stick with the radio and swapping over my old tunes

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back