Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2017 'Top Gear' Season 24

That's some size of a dog!

The new TG is defo better than the previous effort but not sure if this format is the future of car show's for me - I'm liking the bite size chunks of Head 2 Head on Netflix and Car SOS/Wheeler Dealer type resto programs - even the American hot rod shows are catching my interest.........I'll get my jacket :coat:

easternjets said:
arry said:
easternjets said:
Chris Harris is certainly pretty handy behind the wheel of a HyperCar, 1000 BHP and no traction control, respect :worship:

Let's compare and contrast the Clarkson days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHkyNGAqIE&feature=youtu.be&t=234

3:50 onwards

:lol:

To give him his due that was in the wet!

That FXX-K was about as close to an F1 car as you could possibly get, 1036 bhp amazing!

What about the FXX-K 'S' Nick? sorry couldnt resist :p

Zingari said:
Yep, I thought it was rather good.
CamelBalls.jpg

:thumb:

Zingari, I wouldn't like to have to clean up after that 'pooch'!

Jcx said:
easternjets said:
arry said:
easternjets said:
Chris Harris is certainly pretty handy behind the wheel of a HyperCar, 1000 BHP and no traction control, respect :worship:

That FXX-K was about as close to an F1 car as you could possibly get, 1036 bhp amazing!

Yeah Yeah, it's not an 'S' as it hasn't got the Tip box!

I liked it. Far better than the last series :thumbs:

My wife even came in to watch it, which is new, because she's normally walking out when I put on a TV show about cars. She said she really liked it.

I like the not sure if I like the "Star in the (not so) reasonably priced car" slot though - the celebrity looked a bit awkward with nothing to say :dont know:. They should do it like the old TG, where they chat a bit about cars, promote their movie/TV show, and tell them the lap time.

easternjets said:
Jcx said:
easternjets said:
arry said:
easternjets said:

Yeah Yeah, it's not an 'S' as it hasn't got the Tip box!
:floor:

I've only watched the first 1/2 hour so far but it definitely shows promise. The chemistry does need time to develop but at least it isn't all scripted and painfully stupid like GT.

And there was a proper "oh $hit" moment when Harris rear ended MLB's MB. That would have been a rehearsed playful tap with the other bunch.

Good job so far :thumb:

Honestly i felt it was pretty dull through most of it. That said it wasn't as bad as last series. TBF the GT is pretty stilted at the moment, but i think as they have known each other longer they probably help it run smoother. BUT as there is no other option i'll take what i can get for now.

Benjs said:
Honestly i felt it was pretty dull through most of it. That said it wasn't as bad as last series. TBF the GT is pretty stilted at the moment, but i think as they have known each other longer they probably help it run smoother. BUT as there is no other option i'll take what i can get for now.

Plus 1. All a bit wooden, actually a lot wooden. Can only get better, why the kazikstan thing? It's either a car show or another GT, why do the standard 3 car thing like GT and old TG.? Waste of half the show really!

I remembered how much you guys hated the later series of TG before the coming of the Ginger one, never mind after, so I was interested to see what you thought of this offering.

They've gone back to what works, 3 petrolheads and some banter ( a bit forced at times but I'm sure they can fake it better with practice), the old track, a good film and definitely no Eddie fecking Jordan playing the spoons.

spongebob squarepants said:
why do the standard 3 car thing like GT and old TG.? Waste of half the show really!

Because it's still Top Gear. Catchphrase didn't become a different show when Roy Walker handed the baton over :lol:

Boring.

Unfunny.

Poorly presented.

Painful to watch.

Whoever the American is, he should go back.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will.i.am911
Back