Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

N rated tyres options

So long as you stick to the recommended size variation (or within) for a C4 you'll be fine. All you'll be doing is stirring the dilatant porridge in your CV very slowly.

Fleetman said:
For us the UK .....

I got these from Blackcircles.com a few weeks ago, At the price (supply only with 15% promo code ) why use anything else?

Tyre Details: 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (Porsche (N3)) 225/40 R18 Y (92), Reinforced
2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (Porsche (N3)) 265/35 R18 Y (97), Reinforced
Price: £476.40

Dave

that's a good price. I just refurbed set of BBS splits and looking to get new set of tyres to go on the car straight after winter is over. if I see deal like that I will be allover it!

I've spent a very long time researching tyre options and ended up full circle back at the Michelin PS2s. In the UK they seem to still be the best all round tyre for the 996 on 18" wheels. Good dry and wet grip and last forever. I believe the general consensus with engineers now is that Michelin tyres are currently far more advanced with their road tyres than any other manufacturers.

I went for the N4 rated PS2s from Blackcircles as I believe they're the latest and greatest iteration for the 996. They seem to grip a lot better than my previous pair of N3 rated ones but then again, that may just be because they'd gone hard over the 3 years they were on the car.

I also got a set of N4 PS2 for the rear of my 996 C4S and am very happy with them, I understand the N4 295 was for the GT3 hence why there isn't a N3 225 just a 235. I need to replace my fronts, would anyone advice if I'd be better off staying stock size at 225 and buying N3 PS2's or going to 235 on the fronts and having N4's all round in the GT3 standard size and I understand going 295 235 isn't an uncommon choice? I'm RWD converted so no need to factor in the AWD system

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back