Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Old C2S Back on the Market....

Simon W

Barcelona
This was a good one. Sold it in 2009 to a BA pilot - who must've sold it on in 2010 to this owner. In fact, the current advert reads as I wrote it when I sold it! Plagiarism!

Lovely car. I bought it from Strasse - then sold it before I went to live in USA and then bought the black one when I got back.
I put those Gert exhausts on - I loved it.
Insane money IMO, but the market speaks! Think I got £32k for it.....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...on=Manual&aggregatedTrim=993 Carrera S&page=1

That would is lovely, hope it goes to a good home.

Random question, those seat backs were they factory or do you know if they were refinished?

toddy2 said:
That would is lovely, hope it goes to a good home.

Random question, those seat backs were they factory or do you know if they were refinished?

Def factory.
The white dials are aftermarket - but they weren't done by me.

For the record if anyone wants to save themselves a bag you can have mine for £92k just PM me :eek:

Simon W said:
This was a good one. Sold it in 2009 to a BA pilot - who must've sold it on in 2010 to this owner. In fact, the current advert reads as I wrote it when I sold it! Plagiarism!

Lovely car. I bought it from Strasse - then sold it before I went to live in USA and then bought the black one when I got back.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...on=Manual&aggregatedTrim=993 Carrera S&page=1

That's been up for 6 months or so. I spoke with him a while back.

sday12 said:
Simon W said:

That's been up for 6 months or so. I spoke with him a while back.

Hey! Long, long time. You still have your black 2S? Yours was the only other one on this forum if I remember correctly...
Were you thinking about getting another one..?

Simon W said:

I tried to buy your black one off you when you sold it in 2013 but from memory you sold it to a dealer for full asking :?: ....it made my mind up to get one quick as the market was only going one way :grin:

jonttt said:
Simon W said:

I tried to buy your black one off you when you sold it in 2013 but from memory you sold it to a dealer for full asking :?: ....it made my mind up to get one quick as the market was only going one way :grin:

I remember - You called me up and said you'd pay me my asking price, and I didn't quite believe you! Sorry mate - i thought it was a try on.
I was already quite far down the line with someone. i sold privately - for pretty much asking IIRC, but that was still 'only' £37k. Would probably be north of £80k now I imagine. He still owns it.

Oh how I miss it....

IMG-8064-018-1200.jpg

...to these eyes it's a brave man that sinks £90k plus into a 993...I simply cant see the value in them...?

Might just be me but can't see how the market can sustain this value...it certainly hasn't for the doyen of Singer the 964?

GMG said:
...to these eyes it's a brave man that sinks £90k plus into a 993...I simply cant see the value in them...?

Might just be me but can't see how the market can sustain this value...it certainly hasn't for the doyen of Singer the 964?

Because they are:

- rare (all but especially WB)
- desirable
- one of the big 3 classics sports car (Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche)
- relatively cheap to maintain
- undervalued (yes in the historic supercar market)

:bandit:

Simon W said:
jonttt said:
Simon W said:

I remember - You called me up and said you'd pay me my asking price, and I didn't quite believe you! Sorry mate - i thought it was a try on.
I was already quite far down the line with someone. i sold privately - for pretty much asking IIRC, but that was still 'only' £37k. Would probably be north of £80k now I imagine. He still owns it.

Oh how I miss it....

IMG-8064-018-1200.jpg

I meant it, I was ready to drive down there an then to pay you full asking :grin:

I bought my 4S within that week :wink:

Jodes said:
That black C2S is lovely Simon!!!!!!!! 😉

Hello mate! I'm pleased you've still got it...
PM to follow.
Simon

Simon W said:
Jodes said:
That black C2S is lovely Simon!!!!!!!! 😉

Hello mate! I'm pleased you've still got it...
PM to follow.
Simon

Still got it and still love it! I've been looking after it for you..... hope you don't mind but I changed the wheels!

Attachments

• 036f7617_e0ce_418f_89e4_2a36e048a37b_128.jpeg
    036f7617_e0ce_418f_89e4_2a36e048a37b_128.jpeg
    866.7 KB · Views: 4,338

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back