Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 1998 Boxster 2.5 project begins...

It's easier to "lose" a slight miss match on panels that have horizontal shut lines that sit at different levels, for example a PU.

Very impressed with the painting skills mate, having tried to respray the rear end of a blue bmw I once had, I know how much patience and time is involved.

Your work here though is starting to touch on rivalling Djones's painting heroics. To me his paint shenanigans are stuff of legend!

There's most definitely an art to being a dab 'and wi a spray can.

:worship: :worship:

Ok so not a lot done on the car in the last week or so as I am still at that stage were if any errands need doing I immediately volunteer and take the long way. :grin:

I did clean the roof and proof it with an autoglym kit that I got from Halfords purely because I had a gift voucher to use up and it's worked ok.

Oh and I transferred the old Raleigh runabout registration number onto the Boxster the one that used to live on my 996 Turbo.I did it online and it took about 5 minutes start to finish.

Next week I plan to gather the parts together to do a major service and at the same time I will fit some new brake pads.

Kas,
Absolutely brilliant work there sunshine. A real credit to you. My hat is doffed :thumb: .......I just love it when people have a go!

Chief said:
Kas,
Absolutely brilliant work there sunshine. A real credit to you. My hat is doffed :thumb: .......I just love it when people have a go!
:thumb: cheers. Nothing to be scared of on these cars.For every problem you find or every job you want to do someone will of already done and documented it.

Don't I know it :grin: (Note to self, for Christ's sake finish off the bl@@dy Red Baron :what: )

Again, great work, should inspire a few to have a go :thumb:

This morning I was checking through the cars tool kit and found these. :?:

I then realised that they were not some tat from poundland but genuine Porsche drinks holders.I have often wondered what the three holes were in 996 and Boxster air vents.You learn something new everyday. :thumbs:

It's great that they are still with the car all these years later. A credit to the previous owners.

I agree.Its sad really that this car has to carry the tag of cat d when in reality its a really honest car in so many ways.

I wonder how many owners of early 996 and Boxsters curse not having a drinks holder?

isysman said:
It's great that they are still with the car all these years later. A credit to the previous owners.

I found a set with my car buried under one of the seats, unfortunately both of mine are broken. I have searched everywhere for replacements and never managed to find them as there are no part numbers anywhere on them :sad:

I don't suppose yours have anything on them that I might be able to google?

Edit: I was clearly having an off day before as I have just found them on design 911.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt67_504_-cma81-cmo110/Porsche/996--911--1997-05/Drinks-Holders/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back