Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More fault codes!

AndyS

Albert Park
Hi All,
I plugged the T-OBD in again today and had 2 faults that wouldn't clear.

Both on Climate Control:

24 - 'fresh air flap motor'
I've just removed that (what a PITA) and mailed Tore about a service.

43 - 'Rear Blower Motor Speed 1'

What does this one mean?

Cheers

Hi, it is likely to be the resistor mounted to the hoses in the engine bay that feed the fan motor.

Ensure that it is connected properely and in good shape. It is cooled by the airstream and is usually zip tied in place.

Check there first.

Regards
GR

FWIW I have had the blower stage 1 code for several years.
replacing/checking the resistor makes no difference.
it may be the control unit but as the system works fine in every other way. i leave it,
the only manifestation for me is the fan runs at high speed not low speed if you have the fan speed set to 1.using tores guide everything else works, inc the speed variation of the front fans.

jhrfc said:
FWIW I have had the blower stage 1 code for several years.
replacing/checking the resistor makes no difference.
it may be the control unit but as the system works fine in every other way. i leave it,
the only manifestation for me is the fan runs at high speed not low speed if you have the fan speed set to 1.using tores guide everything else works, inc the speed variation of the front fans.

That is interesting - though I've ordered the new resistor now, so let's see what happens on mine once I fit it.
I'll hold off sending the fresh air flap back to Tore just in case I'll need to send the CCU too :nooo:

Code info ..

PM me for wiring diagram if needed .

Attachments

• resistor_1_682.jpg
    resistor_1_682.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 3,225
  • code_43_1_677.jpg
    code_43_1_677.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 3,225
  • code_24_1_128.jpg
    code_24_1_128.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 3,225
Most likely the rear fan resistor. It has a thermofuse that fails over time. I change 20-30 of these resistors every year.

I sometimes see a failed fan relay too, they wear out due to the large motor current. They also sometimes sticks on in either low or high speed due to this. I change about 10 relays per year.

Cheers,
Tore

Maybe my car is Christine, but I've swapped the relay, and the resistor, and then checked the (new) resistor as above, no joy.!

Please be aware that the CCU, after a fault situation, will not try to run the fan in low speed until reset. It will then try again to run the fan as needed. Therefore, after changing fan circuit components, briefly disconnect the battery or leave the ignition off for up to 20 minutes to reset the CCU.

https://www.bergvillfx.com/categories/964993-hvac-test-procedure

Cheers,
Tore

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back