Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

modded 964

I spotted that last week marked as reserved. I wasn't even looking for one but was actually a bit gutted as it looked really good. Fast forward to this week and it's for sale again so I thought I'd enquire.
I'd be on my way home in it now if it wasn't for the following.... (Along with the storm)......

Basically it has 14 former keepers (ok not the end of the world for a 30 year old car) and it had a full engine rebuild 4k miles ago (car has 115k or something). However that was in March 2010!
So the car has supposedly only covered 4k miles in 12 years. Come on!
I said to Andy the sales guy 'Me thinks someone has been pulling the speedo cable off". He said 'The mot history seems to back it up". Well it would.

Anyway I just can't trust that mileage over 12 years and trust me I do know some cars that just do not get used. (Heck, I didn't use my GT3 for a full year last year.)
However it has had 3 owners in that time. Have they all bought it to hardly ever drive it. It's tinkered with for driving pleasure so is not exactly collector spec so why not drive it, especially with a rebuilt engine.

Anyway they offered me £62k for my GT3 even though they have a messed about with Mk1 with more miles on for £85k. So I didn't go any further.

Oh plus they grade it as condition 3 'to be used and enjoyed by the next owner". In my language that means 'Rolling resto", but hey others might not see it as that bad.

It looks great value on the face of it but once the new car buzz wore off I'd feel I was left with an old car that I didn't fully believe the history of. If anyone knows it, or knows a former keeper for answers then it could make sense but come on 4k miles in 12 years!!!

It's not for me. As I say I wasn't really looking anyway but if it was £7k to change (£65k for mine) and it didn't have an ancient rebuild and suspect use since, I'd have been very interested. No way I'd swap my original panel, 49k mile GT3 for it.

As ever, if something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Oh also, RS badging with a rear wiper bung in the screen and a sunroof. Epic fail. :roll:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back