Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mezger rattle on start-up. Solved and relieved.

I ordered the o ring on Monday through opc and it's arrived today. I found that opc was under £7 where as design 911 was £14 which includes shipping.

911_AS said:
9 seconds to 11 seconds in the video

Intentional with that timing?

I think so!!

:thumb:

I didn't even realise that...good spot :grin:

I'm due a service so I'll order one from my opc anyone know the part number?

Just ordered mine from Hatfield OPC (Because West London Porsche never answer the damn phone) :evil:

Wonder who will be the first to actually say that this has resolved the rattle? :?:

I will hopefully find time this weekend to fit mine. Only issue is we need to leave the car for a few days to see if it fixes the rattle. Hard to do when the weather is as good as it's going to be :grin:

Good research!
Classic Pork (or d911?) Tax on an O ring @£7.
Still cheaper than a new Mezger or indeed a service. 😁

e92 said:
I will hopefully find time this weekend to fit mine. Only issue is we need to leave the car for a few days to see if it fixes the rattle. Hard to do when the weather is as good as it's going to be :grin:

My car would have been sitting for a week now with no start up. So 100% its going to rattle on start-up...

I guess all the oil has to be drained out of the system like a conventional engine in order to fit the O ring behind the filter?

JP_Turbo said:
My car would have been sitting for a week now with no start up. So 100% its going to rattle on start-up...

I guess all the oil has to be drained out of the system like a conventional engine in order to fit the O ring behind the filter?

It makes me wince everytime I leave mine for a bit and start it. :sad:

I'm really hoping it sorts it :eek:

in the meantime, if you cut the ignition before the engine catches when attempting to start this usually helps to build up some oil pressure and stops/minimises the rattle

Or pull the fuel pump fuse,.., think that's D1 from memory, check 1st...

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back