Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Main Dealer Service

911KSM

Monza
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice.

I am taking my 2008 997 3.8 4S into Porsche East London on Thursday for it's latest service. The car has 43k miles and completely original with FPSH.

The car does have to live outside and I keep it covered during bad weather and it still looks in very good condition inside and out and running really well. My question is, when it is in for a service is there any pre-emptive work I should consider doing.

One though I had is the water pump as I am still running on the original, I am certain Porsche will have a vast list of things to change.

Your thoughts and views welcome.

Kevin.

In my experience an OPC will service your car to whatever age/mileage it is scheduled for and they will advise you as to what else needs doing.

If your car is running well I can't see why would you want to do any pre-emptive work?

I have always run mine on the basis if it ain't broke don't fix it. Served me well over 30 years of Porsche ownership.

As per the others I have never done anything pre-emptively.
Closest I have heard was someone on here topping up the windscreen wash to avoid some extortionate amount for filling it up, but I think that was in the 'Other Marques' section so Aston Martin rather than Porsche :?:

I bow to your allegiance and patronage to an OPC on a car 15yrs old, I certainly wouldn't be doing it and paying those labour rates. My only reason for using an OPC is because I have the extended warranty. If I didn't I'd be somewhere else.

In addition a main dealer/OPC is merely a 'fitter' of parts. They identify a defective or part due replacement and just swap it for a new one - at your cost. A well regarded Indy will in some cases seek to repair a part or advise and alternative course of action.

If you must keep it serviced at OPC then look at consumables outside a standard service and get those done elsewhere at half the labour rate - brakes, radiators, brake lines, manifold/exhaust fixings etc. Their last condition report may give you a heads up.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back