Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Front brake pads

stichill99

Sao Paulo
I was down at the local village garage today seeing a mate. He started joking with me about how he will do me a special offer on the brakes on my old 911.
He had a local chap phone him from an official Porsche centre wondering if he could fit front pads to a Macan. This chap had just been presented with a bill for £1100 for fitting front pads. As I do all my own servicing I may be out of touch but this seems extortionate for front pads. Is this typical of service charges for routine work at OPCs? Just looked online and I see I could buy a set of textar oem pads for £127. These fancy showrooms take some paying for!

I've recently done the pads on my Macan, Porsche quoted similar to what you were quoted because they don't change just pads the only do pads and disc, their excuses were if you change just the pads you will get steering wheel shake whilst braking.
I bought pads and put them in myself, cost of all the pads and the triple square to remove the front callipers was just over £180 and I don't have steering wheel shake.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back