Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loss of power and grinding noise

Hi

I wanted to ask.

Would lowering the engine using the engine mounts help with access?

Thanks

Hello all,

After a long 4 days of trying to extract the CPS from my 996, it finally came out.

The magnet is very difficult to drill into so went for the rubber/plastic holding it in place around it, combination of drilling and melting with solder iron

Pulled on the magnet a few times using long nose molegrips and although lost grip a few times.

The magnet initially came out then created a puller tool and screed into the remains, although it came out in bits with a lot of effort it did come out.

put the new one and the car is running sweeet!

Thank you so much to all for all the support and knowledge here.

Hi

Well done, I'm pleased it's sorted. My only advice for the future is to be a bit more brutal with the heat and just melt the plastic and pull it out.

All the best

Berni

Well done for persevering - that's 50% of the battle sometimes.

Glad it's running normally again. It's always a great feeling when you do it yourself :thumbs:

Morning

Yes it is a great feeling but I am definitely feeling my age..!

What a machine the 996 is... I know it's not the fastest car in the world but it's so special!

Thanks again all

That's great news, well done on sorting out the problem yourself and persevering. Nice not to spend £1500 for someone else to sort out. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back