Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking at a 2s and would welcome any comments.

Dream911

Magny-Cours
Hi,

Neighbour is looking at this car and has asked me for some feedback. I tend to hang out in the air cooled world so apart from recommending a PPI I wasn't sure what else to tell him.

Does anyone happen to know this car?

Any comments in terms of spec, price, infotainment or anything obvious he should be aware of?

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12142501

Thanks

Attachments

• 997_196.jpg
    997_196.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,267
£149 admin fee? :x

Looks a tidy car with a good spec. As you say, defo PPI with borescope.

Robertb said:
£149 admin fee? :x

Looks a tidy car with a good spec. As you say, defo PPI with borescope.

Cheers. Yeah, wasn`t sure what the admin fee was about. Would be telling him to knock that off at a minimum.

No sports chrono , no memory seats , no cruise , no rear wiper , no sunroof. All things I tend to use, but some on here hate a rear wiper and sunroof. Personally I have no problem with them. PPI as stated earlier is essential BUT it must be carried out by someone who knows what they are looking for ! And to be honest , I think it is over priced for that spec and age. I would be looking at £28K but then , I'm not in the market for one :)

Great colour and it looks great, but for the spec, it is overpriced - IMO. I bought an 06 C4S with great spec last year and I do look at cars for sale, and at £31K you are approaching 997.2 model prices. I'm happy with my 997.1 but if you have that sort of budget, you might want to think of spending more for a 997.2. On the other hand, spend £28K on a nice 997.1 and have £3K for stuff that may need changing /preventative maintenance in first year.

It looks nice, but it's fairly light on options and my understanding was that Chrono transforms the tiptronic cars (which this one lacks). Strong money, but if it's been well maintained, has a clean PPI and you don't need to travel the length of the country I guess it might be a good one. If I got £31k for my 06 C2S (albeit a manual cabriolet) after another 14,000 miles I'd be very pleased!

Conversely, I think it looks a bit scruffy for that asking price - the PCM stack is heavily worn / marked, rusty wheel bolts etc. Looks pretty minimally specced.

A 997.2 PDK car should be close-ish in money if a few more miles - much better gearbox and a slightly less dated looking infotainment system (that can be upgraded to carplay). The .2 cars made some things like bi-xenon lights standard across the board so even a non S car would be almost identical in power and spec to that .1

I bought a manual 997.1 C4S with a crazy amount of service history and it had a full hartech rebuild 15,000 miles before I bought it. It cost me £30,500.

Tiptronic should be even cheaper than manuals, to be honest.
They will certainly hold their value and in 10 years, manuals will be gone.

I would honestly say this car is worth about 25-27k.

Attachments

• front_2_877.jpg
    front_2_877.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 1,022

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back