Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

KPH reverting to MPH

Andrewp

Hi guys.. First post here so sorry if this is a well trodden topic.
Ive just purchased a 991.2 Turbo S.. It was ordered new in the UK in 2018 and shipped directly to New Zealand. The speedo is in kms as it should be for our roads BUT the digital speedo reverts back to MPH after the key is removed. Ok..its not a major to reset it once back in the car but its a damn pain and I was hoping there was a tutorial somewhere or a few simple steps that I could take to lock it permanently in the KPH setting.
Thanks for any assistance and advice.

Kind regards

Andrew.

Hi Andrew
I did read somewhere that PORSCHE made changes to the digital instrument clusters meant the changes you describe can only be fixed with a new cluster…
question, what did your dealership say?

Hmmm...Thank you for your reply. It was purchased second hand through a car dealer here but not a Porsche dealer. Ive had a few other issues with them also to be fair so things have been a little tense let's say...
I can alter the read out easily enough via the screen menu BUT it won't stay with the kph setting so surely that doesn't mean I have to have a new cluster or hardware or some sort..? But..in fairness I dont know that to be absolute.

havings said that on a 991.2 Carrera T I had, when i was overseas i had it switched to kph and didnt have the issue you mention

same instrument clusters

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back