Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kaege Retro 993- opinions, think I like this !

Yes 993 based the Kaege.

I'd be very surprised if you get change from 200,000 Euros exc donor car say costing 50,000 Euros. So 250,000 Euros v Singer which seems to have soared to 700,000 Euros for a fairly mildly specified car. Both lovely I'd love to drive both back to back.

I have to be honest though I love the SC, 3.2 Carrera, 964 and 993 these outlaw shops are basing restomods on just as they are. Having said that many of them in poor shape so at least these shops restore them and optimise them creating new life into previously dead cars not being driven :thumb:

Really don't understand all the negativity towards companies like "Kaege" and "http://www.911-retro-works.co.uk" to be honest.

There are a lot of "It's not a Singer" comments, but Singer had to start somewhere, and are now phenomenally overpriced, what is the harm in new companies entering a marketplace, for which there is obviously a demand, offering a well priced quality backdate.

I personally visited Rick @911retroworks a few weeks back, and their 964 backdate is an awe inspiring creation in my humble opinion.

Did you all shout "It's not a Hoover" when Dyson hit the market, no you didn't, you all went out and bought a Dyson :p

Dysons are utter shite, went through 4 before I saw the light bought a Henry and never looked back

I’m still a big fan of the Singer, but if I won the lottery tomorrow I don’t think I’d rush out and order one. More likely I’ll have someone like Workshop 5001 in the US or Rennsport build me something more unique. Something on skinny tyres, outlaw-based, gnarley engine, maybe a bit ratty looking, appeals more than a trinket from a Porsche jewellery shop that will attract too much attention

Sent the Dyson back when their nice lady in customer services said it wasn’t designed for builder’s dust or dog hair! She got very upset when I referred to it as a hoover😀

Looks like they have a new 993 targa based model

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back