Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

I booked the car in for an MOT yesterday at my local back street garage. I took it for a run first to get the engine nice and warm and arrived as they where opening up......

Proper, old fashioned local back street garage who have their own collection of classic cars.........

VBBfdoq.jpg

yQOBtYh.jpg

ktbtgdX.jpg

And the car passed with flying colours, in the words of the tester 'I can't even give you an advisory of an advisory!"

I knew from the drives that the car was running perfectly, but given it has literally just sat there for 18 months with the battery disconnnected and I simply turned the key it still nice to know that the car is in perfect health. Who says you have to run these cars every day, they are the perfect classic to me, the looks, the drive, the smell, the experience and above all their rock solid reliability. There are simply times when you have to get on with your life and these cars take a back seat for quite a while, they simply say 'get on with it, I'll be fine" :thumb:

Within 30 min the car was road taxed and fully legal again so ready to use at least a bit this year. Alongside the BGTS they should keep me entertained when not in the daily. Interestingly (or not) the 488 has been sold, it got picked up last week. There simply was no room for it to be driven enough ...... but there is something special planned for later in the summer ;-)

So the 993 deserves some TLC, I've been meaning to get the wheels refurbed since I got the car, they have previously been refurbished but not really very well and the front offside has been suffering from some lacquer deterioration. Taking to the MOT guys they use a local company, Ex Mercedes bodyshop guy who setup his own business specializing in refurbishing wheels, he has invested in the latest tech and apartently taking the car world by storm with custom wheel jobs. Its literally 5 min from me so I nipped round yesterday afternoon.

Its an impressive setup with some really high tech kit. There where 10 or so high end cars all wheelless including a 991 Turbo S getting its turbo wheels diamond cut on a special milling type machine. There were two guys there who had travelled seperately over 100 miles to get their wheels customized.

So I had a chat with the owner, the wheels will get a full acid strip (8 hour overnight process) and refurb back to original spec, for £260. The car will stay with him for 2 days and he showed me his indemnity Insurance cover customer cars up to £5m per claim. I decided to give him a go and have arranged to drop the car off in 3 weeks (combination of him being that busy and my diary).

I'll get some before and after pics and post up details if they do a good job.

Now that the car is >20 years old I thought I would go back to its original registration .....

7uV03ZL.jpg

Ready for sale then :dont know:

Zingari said:
Ready for sale then :dont know:

Its your own fault your porscheless, the 993 would be the last car I sell :thumb:

I'm out for a long walk this afternoon but looking forward to a run in the 993 this evening if the weather holds up, the BGTS is not getting a look in this time :grin:

I think I'll manage :thumb: Just going through a mid-life crisis now I've retired :roll:

:hand: I'm always on hand. 25 bags though. :grin:

You are willing to put a 25% deposit down, wow :eek:

if its a really good one, like you say, and like it appears, i think a ton is likely, whether that's the top of the market i couldn't say, whether people are talking those numbers in a years time, again i couldnt say.

i know someone who is really struggling to sell their very low miles 993 rs,
its a ludicrous price , but its being discounted with no interest.

nice car, much better with the original plate.
:thumb:

GLWTS!

Think Zingari called it right. What is the price?

tyinsky said:
Has to be £80-85k surely?

:hand: Over-egged it a bit there chum :bandit:

Ok £150,000 sold as seen and it includes the carbon knob :bandit:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back