Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Joining the fold - Gen 2S

TonyC911 said:
:congrats:

Looks great and will look even better when it's less gangsta! :thumb:

Thanks, yeah I agree! Wife wants the side script and wing gone, I'm not sure yet!

Graeme10W said:
TonyC911 said:

Thanks, yeah I agree! Wife wants the side script and wing gone, I'm not sure yet!

I agree with Tony and your wife :D

Gen 2 looks great in white and silver wheels. (and no wing but that's just my preference)

So the car has Ohlins fitted? How come you're getting new PASM dampers? Ohlins are great 👍

Very nice! I love 911 in white :thumb:

Y2K said:
Graeme10W said:
TonyC911 said:

I agree with Tony and your wife :D

Gen 2 looks great in white and silver wheels. (and no wing but that's just my preference)

So the car has Ohlins fitted? How come you're getting new PASM dampers? Ohlins are great 👍

I'm not refitting the PASM dampers, they're included in the sale, as are the exhaust boxes the cross over pipe replaced, and I brought the winter OZ Ultras - that lot doesn't fit in a 911 😂😂

The Swedish Gold dampers feel great.

I went to see my dad this morning and took him for a spirited 20 miles or so. When we returned I parked with the car nose downhill (fairly steep) and left side cocked yo higher (straddled the pavement with right side wheels on the road).

On start up and a few revs (3k or so) there's was a bit of smoke from the left tailpipes, a couple of blips and it stopped. Oil pressure and temp and water temp was fine on drive home, nothing else untoward. Rechecked oil level and it's up to the maximum line (changed at OPC in May as part of service).

Do I need to push it off a cliff as it's about to bite me in the wallet, or is it more likely a bit of oil seepage and nowt to worry about?

I don't think it's been driven that much since I picked it up, I did a few hundred miles yesterday and about 50 today before it happened.

Graeme10W said:
I'm not refitting the PASM dampers, they're included in the sale, as are the exhaust boxes the cross over pipe replaced, and I brought the winter OZ Ultras - that lot doesn't fit in a 911 😂😂

The Swedish Gold dampers feel great.

I see. I read that as 'you've got to go back to pick up the winter wheels and PASM dampers at some point (at Porsche Centre Silverstone)' :lol: :thumb:

Saw your photo on PH..... I have to recast my vote. Keep the wing, lose the decals & tint, silver/lighter colour wheels :thumb:

Full aerokit looks great.

Ha ha - thanks!

Losing the tints as soon as I can - I took all the light tints off last night. wheels were refurbished in last few months and look good in the flesh trust me! I'm a fan of the script down the flanks, but I might change it up a bit in the future.

If I do change wheel colour it's Satin Aurum or Weiss Gold 👍🏻

Quick update, went and picked up my winter wheels the other day, and so far have removed the side graphics and roof wrap, window tints next. Got a lot of stuff going on, so quite time poor at the moment. Clutch, flywheel and switchable exhaust in next couple of months too - was going to use Precision Porsche.

Attachments

• b3f41c8a_359e_4ed1_9633_75b984b87080_163.jpeg
    b3f41c8a_359e_4ed1_9633_75b984b87080_163.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 918
Wow. So much better :thumb: I'm even liking the wheels in black now :grin: or change them up .

Alfaian said:
Wow. So much better :thumb: I'm even liking the wheels in black now :grin: or change them up .

Thanks - I said from day 1 I'd go satin aurum or Weiss gold when I got my 911 - trouble is both sets of wheels were refinished very recently so seems a bit of a waste to strip and refinish already!

I'll get mechanical bits and noise done first, see what the OZs look like over winter and then maybe refinish the set I like best first.

If I didn't have aero kit I probably would have kept the side graphics, but feels a bit more toned down now they're off. Roof vinyl removal was very satisfying! Definitely shows the lovely lines better now it's one colour

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back