Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JCT Leeds and warranty investigation - lost a 997 TT sale!!

David M

Spa-Francorchamps
Well following from my previous thread on having to approve time to investigate an oil pressure switch issue you will not be surprised to know that the garage diagnosed the issue as the pressure sender :roll: .

I received the call that it had been replaced and I should be pleased to know that it was covered under warranty.

Now when I took the car in (it was required overnight!) I went with the Mrs and we were both taken by a high spec. 2007 997 Turbo so I asked the sales guy to check mine out whilst in overnight and give me a PX value.

When I returned to collect my car we discussed prices which were within my expectations (at the lower end obviously :frustrated: ) and I was quite prepared to have another (quick) chat with the Mrs later that day and do a deal. She had already approved the capex :D .

However then I went to the service department to collect my car and settle up for some coolant bungs that needed replacing and was suprised when they wanted to charge me the full hour for the oil pressure sender investigation.

I explained that I had told them it was the sender when it was in for a service a week ago and also when I returned it for the work (and should still have the ECU fault code) - I reiterated it was a common fault on the 996 which they should be well aware of. I mentioned that I had to bring the car back again because they said they didn't have authority at the time of the service to investigate despite me telling them but also when paying £140/hour for a highly skilled technician then I would have expected him to find the fault much quicker. They could not justify the time spent on the investigation just the overall work including warranty.

The service guy would not move and stated that this was usual procedure for warranty work.

Therefore after settling the bill in disgust I screwed up the papers for the 997 TT that I had been given and walked out telling him he had just lost a 997 TT sale. I did apologise to the sales guy on the way out but explained that when I buy a car I want the sale and service package and their service was crap so I will not be buying a car off them!

Sorry for the rant but really disappoint in the whole experience at JCT Porsche in Leeds.

The good news is that I still have approval for a 997 TT so will be looking out for a suitable replacement so if anyone want to may me an offer including my 996 TT as PX give me a shout.

Sounds like unbelievable short sightedness on behalf of the service department - particularly charging for investigation relating to warranty covered work.

It is exactly this kind of attitude that leads to distrust of Porsche Dealerships.

JJ

I hate to say it, but Leeds are terrible (Sheffield possibly worse). They have their new showroom to pay for so you wont get any leeway from them that's for sure.

Their sales side hasn't particularly filled me with confidence either. I had my name down for any white 2nd hand 997 GT3 they may get in the future. They've had two and didn't even ring me. They also have another in stock right now, but no phone call!!

I just find it slack to be honest. They'll probably ring me when no-one else buys it.

When my car went in to East London to investigate the alarm fault, I was advised that I would have to pay for one hours labour to diagnose the fault, however if the fault was covered under warranty then so too would the time to diagnose it.

It was the main alarm control unit that was at fault, this was replaced under warranty and i didn't pay a penny for the diagnosis.

If the sender is a warranty item (which you say it is) then how can different dealers have different policies on the diagnosis work? Maybe worth a call to Porsche head office to enquire!

If the sender is a warranty item (which you say it is) then how can different dealers have different policies on the diagnosis work? Maybe worth a call to Porsche head office to enquire!

Well worth the call - thanks. They agreed that I should not have been charged and have instructed JCT Leeds to refund me.

Still not going to use them again but I did like the 997TT!

David M said:

Well worth the call - thanks. They agreed that I should not have been charged and have instructed JCT Leeds to refund me.

Still not going to use them again but I did like the 997TT!

:D :D :D :D :D

They should have known that, makes it doubly bad that they charged you in the first place tho to be honest, but glad you got your money back!

what was the spec of the 997? There was a fantastic white one at Goodwood Sunday morning, needed lowering tho!

Senoj said:
what was the spec of the 997? There was a fantastic white one at Goodwood Sunday morning, needed lowering tho!

SPECIFICATIONS

Colour: Meteor Grey Interior: Black/stone Grey Leather
Price: £89,847 Mileage: 14,394 Miles
Transmission: Automatic Capacity: 3600cc
Body Style: 2-Door Coupe Fuel: Petrol

FEATURES

Electric Sunroof, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Adjustable Steering Column, Red Brake Calipers, Leather Trim, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, CD Player, Passenger Airbag, Heated Seats, Alarm, Central Door Locking, Parking Sensor, 19" Alloy Wheels, Airbag, Power Steering, Immobiliser, Alloy Wheels, Telephone Module, Radio/CD Multichanger, ABS, Electric Windows

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Turbo Wheels, Sport Chrono Plus, Porsche Vehicle Tracking System, Homelink

Now I know its an auto but I drive to Leeds every day which is generally slow moving for the last 5 miles. Is it well specified and reasonably priced???

What about the PX on mine (2003 black/black 996TT with just below 40k miles - FSH and already had the major service. Recent new tyres, brake and clutch. I am the 3rd owner from new. No PCM)

Buy one yes, but not from those idiots. I mean, why should they deserve to make a profit from you?

Tippytronic tho'..........sorry, it's a sports car

there are cheaper cars out there wilth less miles on them, PH has 5 pages of them. this was nice I thoughTT

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/543051.htm

I for one cannot believe the lack of communication between service and sales. If I was the sales guy I would have picked up on the issues you were having with your current car and had a quiet word with the service guys to make sure you were treated like royalty, to help me get the sale (sound like you put out enough buying signals to him).

I do this frequently in my own business - often making sure my tech people sort out a small current order because I know there is a bigger one riding on it. Is it too difficult for these guys to work together rather than independently? :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back