Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I've had a 911 for 5 years today

30 months in - still can't stop smiling every time I drive it.

Best family car I've ever had :grin:

4 years 2 964 C4 ... about 50k .. a life long dream come true, every mile is definitely a smile.... . "Right" im off out for a drive :bye:

Been in 911 ownership for five and half years.

27 years and four months....and all 911's with a break of 7 months when
brain fade took over whilst driving past a red Alfa GTV 3.0 in an Alfa Romeo
showroom.
Now that was the biggest waste of money ever...dropped 10k in a six month
period of hellish ownership. 8)

The rest of the time it's been a fun journey, especially since joining this
forum and meeting some of the nicest people you could ever meet, and a
good few of those have become great pals.

...and OMG the adventures this forum has led me to, and so many tracks...
Brands, Oulton, Donnington, Silverstone, Snetterton, Spa, Nurburgring,
Nordshliefe, Estoril, Jerez, Estoril, Portimao, Mugello, Imola.....lol

pzero said:
Been in 911 ownership for five and half years.

+1 (18 months in a 996 and very nearly 4 years with my 993😊)
8.5 years in porka's if you count boxster ownership :grin:

Six and half years in a C2 964 (wish I could have kept it) now five years in the 996 turbo S. Both have been great daily drivers. I'd love to try other cars but not as replacement for my current baby. I can see it being a keeper until the care home beckons and even then I could just sit in it.

nick w said:
27 years and four months....and all 911's with a break of 7 months when
brain fade took over whilst driving past a red Alfa GTV 3.0 in an Alfa Romeo
showroom.

By coincidence Nick it's 27.5 years since I got my first Porsche.

Sadly, the coincidence stops there .......... My first Porsche wasn't a 911 and it was 22 years before I got my second one. :grin:

2.5 years and 34k in a 996 C4S as my daily drive with nothing more than servicing and normal wear and tear items.

:D

4 months tomorrow ! Yes a baby owner of a 997 C4S in sober Meteor Grey with black leather.
It's the only car my wife saw and didn't say "you'll look like a sad old mid-life crisis git" , as she did when I was looking at Ferarri's and other exotic marques.
She quite likes being a passenger, but will not drive it :D and she hasn't heard the sports exhaust in full tilt since I only drive at a leisurely pace when she is in.
However, when I'm out on my own..... :driving: Need I say more !
1500 smiles so far.....and it will be out this weekend.

Porschekit said:
4 months tomorrow ! Yes a baby owner of a 997 C4S in sober Meteor Grey with black leather.
It's the only car my wife saw and didn't say "you'll look like a sad old mid-life crisis git" , as she did when I was looking at Ferarri's and other exotic marques.
She quite likes being a passenger, but will not drive it :D and she hasn't heard the sports exhaust in full tilt since I only drive at a leisurely pace when she is in.
However, when I'm out on my own..... :driving: Need I say more !
1500 smiles so far.....and it will be out this weekend.

Also a newbie - four months and 1800 miles in a 996 C4S, seal grey, black leather. Already addicted. I like it more and more every time I drive it. Wife was sceptical at first, but is now a convert, although she too won't drive it...yet!
:D

5 years 2 months (less 7 months - but I had a picture on the wall does that count!)

09-2009 to 05-2010 993 C2 - regret selling for £15k
05-2010 to 09-2011 997 S - lost £££'s
09-2011 to 04-2012 996 C4S - lost £££'s
04-2012 to 11-2012 Porscheless - house move
05-2013 to 05-2014 996 C4S - lost £2k but gained a 993 S
05-2014 to today 993 S - which so far has cost me £5k with way more to come.:puh:

4 years 1 month trouble free with the 996 :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back