Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this the earliest 996 Turbo in the UK?

T8 said:
alex yates said:
Hmmm.....interesting.

Just banged the plate in autotrader (as a seller) and they claim its a....Porsche 911 2dr Tiptronic S

Comes up as a Turbo with mycarcheck though.

That probably just helps explain why so many cars end up in the wrong section of Autotrader. I certainly wouldn't trust their search engine as a source of reliable info'.

For the record the car was a non-glovebox manual.

My car comes up as a GT3 on mister auto, and a bifuel car on my local Autofactors.

Just shows how wrong the data can be, and on

How many left the 996 turbo does not exist at all !

Mines a W plate with no glovebox! not sure on the date it was regiestered tho...

just checked, 15 june 2000 !

ShoBe said:
Mines a W plate with no glovebox! not sure on the date it was regiestered tho...

just checked, 15 june 2000 !

:thumb:

Could these be the rarest 996 turbos?

The only other Meridian Silver turbo I've ever seen! I'm not the only one then!

Old

Mine is a W registration , first registered 30/6/2000. Guards red with manual box. No glovebox and 47k miles. Must be one of the very few red ones from back then.
Al

Re: Old

Alainy said:
Mine is a W registration , first registered 30/6/2000. Guards red with manual box. No glovebox and 47k miles. Must be one of the very few red ones from back then.
Al

Don't be shy Al. Post up some pics. :thumb:

Mine's such a youngster, production completed 12/1/2001 registered 24/1/2001. I was never in with a shout for this one :oops:

Manual to tip split

I know this is an old thread but did anyone find out the split of manual to tip cars produced for the 16 year 2000 911 turbos?

My turbo is a manual X reg registered 12/09/2000

Be interesting to know. :?:

Re: Manual to tip split

mpowerrob said:
I know this is an old thread but did anyone find out the split of manual to tip cars produced for the 16 year 2000 911 turbos?

That level of detailed information is not recorded anywhere afaik

NB: Your car is a MY 2001. The 16 x MY 2000 cars were made between August 1999 and July 2000 and were probably press cars.

Oohh mine's another W July 2000, no glove box. I didn't realise it was special. Exciting :thumbs:

I always suspected it was pride of place in a showroom somewhere as it seemed to have every option ticked.

Attachments

• screenshot_20210611_162957_ecosia_189.jpg
    screenshot_20210611_162957_ecosia_189.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 1,741

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back