Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is my E.U. 996 a RHD car?

LHD or RHD?

• LHD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RHD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CarPlebs

Trainee
Hi all,

I wanted to asked, how would I know if my car is a RHD to LH conversion. How could I check with the VIN? I have the 071 EU country version option code. But when I went here in Austria for a TUV inspection they noted that my light were UK and the rear foglight was on the right side as opposed to left.

How can I find out and how can I switch so that the rear foglamp is on the lest side.

Thanks!

If you decode the VIN, as well as option code M071, do you have option code M061 (version for Great Britain)?

Not sure about changing the lights.

I'm not familiar with the country codes that you've both mentioned.

UK cars are C16.

Austria was C11.

These numbers are the first ones shown on the options sticker.

I don't think that there's anything in the VIN code that will tell you where the car was originally manufactured for other than for USA or for The Rest of the World.

Mine is a C98 country code car (non-specific RHD) as per the bonnet sticker but when the VIN is decoded, it has option codes M061 (version for Great Britain) and M071 (EU country version).

Probably best to check with a Porsche centre who can decode the VIN.

My Japanese import 996, while being LHD in terms of where the steering wheel is situated, had the rear fog light on the right side, also front lights needed conversion for LHD driving. And that's correct, cause it was factory equipped for Japan's RHD roads.

Check your rear lights on both sides - they should both have everything needed to connect the fog lamp - the housings etc, - all you need to do is to disconnect the right one, lay the cable across to the other side (should be fairly easy) and connect it there.

Ha all topic solved :) thank you all for your support!

1. Option code 071 should mean it's prepared for E.U., I contacted the dealer he also was able to decode and it said it's a german version. The so called "landeraustattung" or "landing equipment" haha states it's germany.

As for the rear light, project complete, the cable harness was in fact different so I soldered a bypass wire from right to left.

Cheers!

Attachments

• screenshot_2022_10_11_at_73500_pm_158.png
    screenshot_2022_10_11_at_73500_pm_158.png
    2 MB · Views: 705
  • screenshot_2022_10_11_at_73715_pm_241.png
    screenshot_2022_10_11_at_73715_pm_241.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 705
T8 said:
I'm not familiar with the country codes that you've both mentioned.

UK cars are C16. The only other cars made with RHD were C18 Japan.

Austria was C11.

These numbers are the first ones shown on the options sticker.

I don't think that there's anything in the VIN code that will tell you where the car was originally manufactured for other than for USA or for The Rest of the World.

Mine is RHD:
C26 South African market vehicle

Dammit said:
Mine is RHD:
C26 South African market vehicle

Thanks. I've edited my original comment. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993