Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior Refresh

cliffbase

Monza
As mentioed in another thread, my car has been to see Dave the Trimmer who has done a fabulous job in retrimming the seats, centre console, handbrake, gear lever & streeing wheel.

A change from the Marble Grey to a contrasting Black with silver stitching.

I know there are various purists here who feel this is totally innapropriate etc.. Not wishing to sound too arrogant but It's my car & this is what i wanted.

Some elements (dash, door tops & parcel shelf), had been changed to black by the pervious owner and Porsche's love of everything the same colour is not so much to my taste.

Anyhoo, Here are some pics.

Personally i am delighted with the work Dave has done, and like countless others on here cannot recommend him enough. He also has a rather tasty 964 showcasing his trimming talent.

Attachments

• dtt_2_163.jpg
    dtt_2_163.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,084
  • dtt_2_163.jpg
    dtt_2_163.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,084
  • dtt_3_130.jpg
    dtt_3_130.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,084
  • dtt_3_130.jpg
    dtt_3_130.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,084
  • dtt_4_210.jpg
    dtt_4_210.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,084
  • dtt_4_210.jpg
    dtt_4_210.jpg
  • dtt_5_758.jpg
    dtt_5_758.jpg
  • dtt_5_758.jpg
    dtt_5_758.jpg
Great job - really rolls back the years and looks factory fresh. :thumb:

That looks great. Does the steering wheel get trimmed over the factory leather? The rim now looks chunkier than standard which would be no bad thing?

You resisted moody blue....Jonttt will be disappointed :floor:

Looks amazing that re trim.

I need to get in and see Dave after a specilist scratched my dash and when mentioned to them they just blanked me!

I have coloured it in with a bit of black polish but still want it looking perfect as it was previously.

Attachments

• e654f55e_b3c8_4073_b57e_b36931f6a3d0_272.jpeg
    e654f55e_b3c8_4073_b57e_b36931f6a3d0_272.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,910
  • e654f55e_b3c8_4073_b57e_b36931f6a3d0_272.jpeg
    e654f55e_b3c8_4073_b57e_b36931f6a3d0_272.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,910
I think that area is plastic so might be hard to polish out without losing the grained surface look. Im also sure its only you that notices the scratch.

Thanks Chaps.

Not sure re sterring wheel, it is chunkier, but also has a slight sponge to it, just a tiny amount. Happy with the feel of it.

cliffbase said:
Thanks Chaps.

Not sure re steering wheel, it is chunkier, but also has a slight sponge to it, just a tiny amount. Happy with the feel of it.

Looks good, most certainly stripped and they've used better leather and good padding.

chucknorris said:
Looks amazing that re trim.

I need to get in and see Dave after a specilist scratched my dash and when mentioned to them they just blanked me!

I have coloured it in with a bit of black polish but still want it looking perfect as it was previously.

A special touch up pen will fill that in and make it (almost) invisible.

Top marks to the OP. Whilst some (well one person on here) will be disappointed you didn't raise the popularity stakes (from 1%) in Moody (Metropole) Blue getting rid of Salesman's slip on shoe Grey was a positive step :thumb:

cliffbase said:
As mentioed in another thread, my car has been to see Dave the Trimmer who has done a fabulous job in retrimming the seats, centre console, handbrake, gear lever & streeing wheel.

A change from the Marble Grey to a contrasting Black with silver stitching.

I know there are various purists here who feel this is totally innapropriate etc.. Not wishing to sound too arrogant but It's my car & this is what i wanted.

Some elements (dash, door tops & parcel shelf), had been changed to black by the pervious owner and Porsche's love of everything the same colour is not so much to my taste.

Anyhoo, Here are some pics.

Personally i am delighted with the work Dave has done, and like countless others on here cannot recommend him enough. He also has a rather tasty 964 showcasing his trimming talent.

Thats a quality job :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back