Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to test speakers

corneg1

Silverstone
Hello - any advice on how to test speakers? My dash ones are not working and I am not sure how to test if they are getting power/signal or not. They have been changed by a previous owner to some Alpine ones and I have just fitted a PCCM+. I am doubtful that they were working before the PCCM+ fitting.

Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to adjust left/right and front/back balance, just play around with that and you can check all four mid speakers.

Shalmaneser said:
You should be able to adjust left/right and front/back balance, just play around with that and you can check all four mid speakers.

They are physically not working. Adjusting the balance & fade doesn't make any difference unfortunately.

What I am after is the voltage that I should be seeing at the dashboard speaker, so I can test if they are getting power or not.

Many thanks

Just swap the left one with the right one and if the dead speaker moves you know it's the speaker not the amp

The speakers have the same connectors so it's an easy test

Winny

I would guess the speakers are fine. Even if they blow there is usually sound, albeit distorted.

What head unit was in there?

Do you have door speakers?

If so, Bose or non Bose?

Are all the other speakers working?

The previous owner might have rewired them off a different amp or something or directly off the head unit?

The previous owner might have rewired them off a different amp or something or directly off the head unit?[/quote]

Thanks Gizlarok - I have discovered the previous owner has removed the original amp and the speakers are just run of the stereo - which can only run four speakers. I have sourced a second hand original amp to see how that works out. I may end up sticking with just four speakers.

Thanks for all your replies everyone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back