Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much would you pay for a Manual 997.2

To give you an idea, I just paid £34.5k for 2011 997.2 Carrera 6MT Black Edition with 68k miles. It recently had a major service and it sailed through the 111-point check at the seller’s OPC apart from tyres and discs.

Webuyanycar are giving nonsense prices at the moment. I recall the seller saying they offered him £22k.
I'd say you got a great deal. Looks perfectly priced.

noting the stamps shown are from another decade so nothing recent
no info / invoices on work done e.g. what suspension work etc
2 front tyres, so that's £500 straight out of the door

So now around 13-15 years old?

Depends what has been done already and what will need doing shortly.

85k and that age is the age where you have to consider.

Suspension. Controls arm bushings will be starting to age and go hard, dampers could need replacing, top mounts, bearings, roll bar bushes and drop links etc. Could be up to £4k to get it all feeling factory fresh.

Coolant pipes. Hopefully already done. £1000.

Brake lines, now at the age where they could need doing, quite a big job, around £1500 and worth doing when the gearbox is out, which brings us onto clutch and flywheel, oh and may as well do transmission mount while in there. Another £1200.

Brakes all OK? New pads and discs all round are another grand.

All tyres in good shape and not more than 3 years old? I replace mine at 4-5 years regardless of depth.

Definitely no sign of any bore scoring. I know less common on the 997.2, but can happen.

I could go on. But you get the idea.

Seriously, asking on a forum is pointless, without know the car and seeing the history of what has been done we don't know.
If everything has been done, could be £36-38k if the right spec.

If none of that had been done I would want to pay £30k tops in the current market.

One ended on collecting cars last month for £24k including fees, which is not the normal market but shows where things are currently.

In all honesty, buy these with your heart, but with eyes wide open.

If it is the perfect colour combo and spec and that is worth £5k or even more to you, pay more, there is no right or wrong with these.

Why don't you put a link up to the car and ask for opinions? You obviously know the price already if it is advertised at a dealer? Problem when people ask this question is they don't often like the answer and then get all offended.

It is worth what it is worth to you.
thanks man, yeh someones posted the ad - the £33k on CC / £30k on AT. Yeh I don't want to low ball the guy for the sake of it, but I also know sometimes people including myself think car is way more valuable than it actually is. Just trying to get my head around what a fair value is.

So as you mention, essentially if nothings been done (around 5k on top after buying) and vice versa.

Not offended myself - rather have someone tell me straight, than pussy foot around.

I'm assuming it's this one.

£32,900 seems a bit steep for a private sale. Especially as it's also on AT for £30,450. :giggle:

In the current market I'd start my bidding at 26k.
yeh I was think 27k would be a fair value (as I'm quite reluctant even at that price - rightly or wrongly) Anyway, I've had a convo with owner - I dont want to rush into Porsche ownership - so it's still around after Christmas - I'll prob have a serious chat with him.

As I see it, if it's a price I'm unhappy paying, and a price that he's unhappy receiving - then thats probably about the right value for the car regardless of make / model.

I'd say you got a great deal. Looks perfectly priced.
Thank you, I think so too. The seller was a nice chap and the car has PSE, Sports Chrono and heated seats with no sunroof on top of the usual black edition goodies. Already spent 2.5k on new tyres, discs and pads all round though and then there’s a SSK along with 5mm spacers all round.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back