Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with 2002 996T central locking / windows / interior pls

youngsyr

Montreal
Hi all, hoping someone can help with some weird issues I'm having with my central locking system after I had a leak from a sunroof drain into the passenger footwell which meant disconnecting the battery for a week.

Upon reconnecting the battery, I noticed the windows and sunroof had stopped responding to the buttons inside the car, so I pulled the fuses and they were all fine. A few minutes later the windows and doors all started miraculously working again.

Then my alarm started going off randomly, requiring disconnecting the battery again.

Got some free time today, so reconnected the battery again, but the windows and sunroof stop responding to their switches again.

Also, now the car has stopped responding to the remote fob lock/unlock button.

Checked the fuses again. All fine.

Tried reteaching the key, no joy, but engine starts perfectly on the key turn.

Interior lights won't turn on.

No response from alarm blinker on dash to key fob button, except when key is in ignition, when pressing the key lock button, the alarm blinker fast flashes.

Central locking button on dash does nothing.

Doors will drop windows a cm when handles are pulled.

Driver's door will unlock/lock with the key inserted.

Very confused as to what the problem/s might be?

:?

Is the alarm/central locking control module not under one of the seats?

I'd be finding out which one and removing it to inspect for water damage as a first call.

On a LHD, they're under the driver's seat, so I presume on a RHD it will be under the passenger seat.

YPVS said:

I'd be finding out which one and removing it to inspect for water damage as a first call.

On a LHD, they're under the driver's seat, so I presume on a RHD it will be under the passenger seat.

They are under that seat - I've taken a look and all seemed dry and fine? :?

Would a knackered alarm control unit stop the interior switches for windows and sunroof working?

youngsyr said:
YPVS said:

Would a knackered alarm control unit stop the interior switches for windows and sunroof working?

Yup ... well that's what i think so .. yup .

I read your post and thought .. alarm control unit has got wet .. pretty much all i can say other than get a garage to have a look .. my feelings are it will need to be replaced .

Id love to be wrong though :)

youngsyr said:
YPVS said:

Did you open it up and inspect the board?

YPVS said:
youngsyr said:
YPVS said:

Did you open it up and inspect the board?

No, I took the seat out and it was bone dry underneath - took a look at the plugs and they looked dry with no obvious signs of water.

The ground strap looked like it had a little bit of oxidisation on it, so I removed that and the oxidisation was only very superficial so I gave it a wipe and reconnected it.

Windows and sunroof worked fine after all that.

Just to confirm: both windows do drop 1cm when you pull their handles, so they're getting power.

deMort said:
youngsyr said:
YPVS said:

Yup ... well that's what i think so .. yup .

I read your post and thought .. alarm control unit has got wet .. pretty much all i can say other than get a garage to have a look .. my feelings are it will need to be replaced .

Id love to be wrong though :)

Thanks, if I only I weren't 2 hours from you I'd drop it in for you to look properly at it like a shot! :thumb:

Am still considering making the trip regardless. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back