Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help please - Low power mode warning light

Ratattak

Spa-Francorchamps
After a normal drive into town today (11 miles) the "Low Power Mode' warning came on. I parked up and checked that all dials were normal and then switched off. After about 10 minutes I started the car up and all was well, again with all dials and warning lights normal.

The warning lit up again after 300 yards so I parked up again and awaited recovery. I noticed that the fans were not coming on as they usually do after a (less than spirited) drive.

My initial thoughts are that the fans have stopped working for some reason rather than anything catastrophic. (hopefully a fuse or sensor ?)
My car is a 2009 997.2 Carrera 2S.

The car is full of oil and was serviced about 1000 miles ago.

Any comment/advice would be gratefully received before I talk to my trusted indy tomorrow.

My guess would be the high pressure fuel pump is messing around and will need replacing.

I'm afraid without a fault code read out there's little i can say .. the engine has gone into protect mode due to a fault which has .. got the car worried shall we say .. hence the message .

Pump is all that springs to mind .

@deMort - Many thanks for your swift response - sounds expensive though !

deMort said:
My guess would be the high pressure fuel pump is messing around and will need replacing.

I'm afraid without a fault code read out there's little i can say .. the engine has gone into protect mode due to a fault which has .. got the car worried shall we say .. hence the message .

Pump is all that springs to mind .

Spot on - fault has not reappeared since the garage sorted it out so they're keeping the car to check it out further - I'll collect Tuesday

Thanks again :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back