Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight washer tube not connecting

skwerl

I had to remove the drive side headlight form my 996TT. It went back in without any issues but now the washer jet doesn't work. when i remove the headlight again there's fluid everywhere so it looks like the "quick release" connection between the supply tube and nozzle assembly isn't mating correctly when the light locks in place. Lights work fine so the electrical multiplug must be ok. Light unit sits in place correctly, so not misaligned.
Is there a trick for getting them lined up?

infrasilver said:
It should all just line back up the same as the power plug did so check to see if the rubber tube has moved or dislodged?

yeah. it looks ok. Nothing is mis-shaoen or squashed in any way. All looks as I'd expect. I'm reluctant to remove the other light to compare, in case it does the same.

I might be able to get a scope in through the locking tool access hole, to see what's going on. It's impossible to see anything form the front

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back