Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guntherwerks 993

goonter

Ultimate abomination! It's like being back in the 1980's with Gembella.Rinspeed etc

GT4 said:
I met Tony Hatter once.

I wonder what he’d make of it. Not feeling it personally.

Exactly.

Not so much gilding the lily, as slashing some gashes in it.

Gash being the operative word.

...sorry but this post should have come with a warning!

...***** Alert : Mrjww; I managed 5 secs :nooo:

It's got too many pedals for me but if it didn't I'd much rather have this than a 2023 Porsche turbo.

I understand why 993 fans would hate it but as a modern 911 ...... wow.

As for comparing it with any of the 20th century modified monstrosities .. No way, they WERE awful.

GT4 said:
I met Tony Hatter once.

He was a judge at Salon Prive earlier this month.

Perhaps I watch too many vids, but here is another that might be of interest..?

I must admit I do prefer the exterior of the air cooled to appear less modified that the Guntherwerks treatment. Some aspects of the Guntherwerks 993 seem rather well engineered..?

I tend to much prefer the Singer version of a restomod 911.

It is amazing to see how Singer has grown.

I thought that in high end restomods the bodyshell works would not involve repairs to original corroded/damaged panels, more total replacement of any damaged panel.... Looking at the processes of shells in the rub down stage causes me to wonder if there might just be some degree of patching utilised...Surely not...?

https://youtu.be/2MSyHu9bMPo?si=9LXYC_0CmsUcNWqg

Not that I have anything against an air-cooled patchwork Porsche, at a price that reflects the amount and the location of the patching.

I ran not only my patchwork 912 but numerous other corrosion affected and patch welded cars in the 70`s and 80`s, just as many others in the population at that time, who drove second hand machinery.

While Porsche started galvanising the monocoque around 1977. My then 10 year old 82 SC required the attention of the welding torch in the 90`s due to corrosion..as for it`s possible condition today, decades later..?

I have posted pics of air cooled corrosion on another thread somewhere on this forum should there be any interest in corrosion affected air-cooled. :?:

Luddite said:
Perhaps I watch too many vids, but here is another that might be of interest..?

I must admit I do prefer the exterior of the air cooled to appear less modified that the Guntherwerks treatment. Some aspects of the Guntherwerks 993 seem rather well engineered..?

I tend to much prefer the Singer version of a restomod 911.

It is amazing to see how Singer has grown.

I thought that in high end restomods the bodyshell works would not involve repairs to original corroded/damaged panels, more total replacement of any damaged panel.... Looking at the processes of shells in the rub down stage causes me to wonder if there might just be some degree of patching utilised...Surely not...?

https://youtu.be/2MSyHu9bMPo?si=9LXYC_0CmsUcNWqg

Not that I have anything against an air-cooled patchwork Porsche, at a price that reflects the amount and the location of the patching.

I ran not only my patchwork 912 but numerous other corrosion affected and patch welded cars in the 70`s and 80`s, just as many others in the population at that time, who drove second hand machinery.

While Porsche started galvanising the monocoque around 1977. My then 10 year old 82 SC required the attention of the welding torch in the 90`s due to corrosion..as for it`s possible condition today, decades later..?

I have posted pics of air cooled corrosion on another thread somewhere on this forum should there be any interest in corrosion affected air-cooled. :?:

FWIW I'd expect replacement rather than repair at the prices that Singer are charging.

You'd also expect a brand new canbus loom with PDM, not a patched up 90's original.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back