Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guards Red 991.2 Turbo S

Agreed, oof, carbon folding buckets with red stitching 👋

If you ever want to do a deal of some sofas with red stitching drop a msg :)

They're heated in the 991.2 turbo s too :)

Yeah my buckets are heated too, found that quite surprising tbh, it's not something you see often with full carbon bucket seats.

Any idea if the seat heating was an option or do they come with all carbon folding buckets?

Seat heating was standard in the 991.2 turbo and turbo s but optional in most of the other 981/991 models if you opted for the folding buckets. The carbon folding buckets themselves were a cost option in other 981/991 models other than turbo and GT models. There were less than a handful of UK 991 turbo and turbo s optioned with the folding buckets your turbo rare as hens teeth. Yours look very cool I think the first owner specced your 991 brilliantly. You maybe need a set of BBS F1 R though ;)

Ricks seats are out of a 997 so they will not have seat heating but I believe the heated element parts can still be bought from OPC to retrofit. You can tell as the base only has 2 cushions. The 991 seat base has three cushions. I was ever so lucky to pick up a heated 991 set for my 997 too. His and hers!

IMG_3598.jpegIMG_3597.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha my eyes going when I look closely I can see yours have 3 cushions on the base ;)

Seat heating was standard in the 991.2 turbo and turbo s but optional in most of the other 981/991 models if you opted for the folding buckets. The carbon folding buckets themselves were a cost option in other 981/991 models other than turbo and GT models. There were less than a handful of UK 991 turbo and turbo s optioned with the folding buckets your turbo rare as hens teeth. Yours look very cool I think the first owner specced your 991 brilliantly. You maybe need a set of BBS F1 R though ;)

Ricks seats are out of a 997 so they will not have seat heating but I believe the heated element parts can still be bought from OPC to retrofit. You can tell as the base only has 2 cushions. The 991 seat base has three cushions. I was ever so lucky to pick up a heated 991 set for my 997 too. His and hers!

I see, thanks for clarifying. Appreciate the kind words, I am really enjoying it and a few people at the OPC also commented how they never see turbos with folding buckets.

I would love the FI-R's, but my OPC aren't very friendly in terms of mods and I really can't be bothered with the hassle of changing wheels every time it goes to the OPC. This will likely be the first car in my 15+ year driving history where I haven't changed the wheels or suspension!

I love the colour matched mesh grilles on both your buckets, the little details really do make it special.

Cheers. The mesh colour was an option from Porsche Excusive in model year 17 and 18. Bit tarty and I got the idea for Minty from SWMBO's 991. The carbon folding bucket seats flow really well with her model year 17 and 18 OEM carbon wheels. I've always loved your turbo with its super special spec. I would not be surprised if there is less than 5 991 turbo in UK with those seats.

Her OPC has never fussed about her BBS or her Europipe 2 sports exhaust even with expensive warranty work! I think we need to be more charming!! :ROFLMAO:

74900-5422a354526fae4885d62923393ceb3e.jpg90959-96e1d320e23cedb5121bd076731944a9.jpg

R6YmAUfp.jpg

hey @IMI A youre missing the mandatory coordinated centre console !

I like that option but my centre console already stitched factory leather which I like and not that many people went for centre leather console. Just a few splashes here and there brightens up the black leather imo. I painted the rev counter surround too.

2139F2E5-0A86-4863-953C-B9589FD8E1A3_1_105_c.jpeg

leather centre console is very rare and very desirable

Cheers. The mesh colour was an option from Porsche Excusive in model year 17 and 18. Bit tarty and I got the idea for Minty from SWMBO's 991. The carbon folding bucket seats flow really well with her model year 17 and 18 OEM carbon wheels. I've always loved your turbo with its super special spec. I would not be surprised if there is less than 5 991 turbo in UK with those seats.

Her OPC has never fussed about her BBS or her Europipe 2 sports exhaust even with expensive warranty work! I think we need to be more charming!! :ROFLMAO:
It looks incredible, unfortunately my exterior is white and interior is crayon so painting the mesh parts on mine to match the exterior wouldn't work, I think the black that they currently are provides more contrast.

Those carbon wheels are amazing, though I would be parking feet away from any kerb with those!

I really do wish my local OPC was willing to turn a blind eye to small mods and honour the warranty, but unfortunately they are not playing ball.

Which mods are they questioning ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back