Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS 4

Slayer

Estoril
Hi all,

Is the Cayman GTS 4 good as a daily or is it track focussed like the GT4?

Is it so much better than a 981 GTS warranting the extra cash?

Fuel economy: Is it dire?

Thanks in advance.

Some would say the GTS is the optimal road spec with the GT4 being more track focused :grin:

I'm confused what a GTS 4 is though as in boxster/ cayman form they are all 2 wheel drive :dont know:

Fuel economy obviously depends how you drive it but in 'normal" use you should get around 30MPG

I'm extremely happy with my Cayman GTS 4.0 as a daily (although since getting it I've hit retirement). I love it. I've not tracked mine but I have done a Porsche Experience at Silverstone in one and really enjoyed it on their tracks.

It's compliant and easy going on a long run. I'm regularly going from the Midlands to the North East up the M1 & A1. I guess on those runs I get 30-32 mpg cruising at around 70mph.

I enjoy it most on a spirited drive eg North York Moors. Then the mpg drops to about 21-22. It's fierce in 2nd or 3rd and I don't miss my 997 turbo for the fun I have in the GTS. It's a different type of car and no less fun on the twisties. It doesn't feel slower either.

My only frustration is what seems to be much softer paint on the front bumper. I don't know if paint composition has changed over the years but my 2021 GTS has picked up marks and scratches that were never on the 2008 Turbo with 56k miles on it. Perhaps I've just been unlucky.

Thanks for the info and sharing your experience with the GTS 4.0.
Something to think about :thumb:

Slayer, the 4 litre is a total peach, Porsches best kept secret, even in 718 GT4 form it returns 25 mpg being driven like a lunatic. The 718 GT4 can easily be used as a daily, the GTS obviously even more so :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
Slayer, the 4 litre is a total peach, Porsches best kept secret, even in 718 GT4 form it returns 25 mpg being driven like a lunatic. The 718 GT4 can easily be used as a daily, the GTS obviously even more so :thumb:

Thank you. Looked at one with carbon bucket seats..as you mentioned before, it's hard going. Will keep my eyes open anyway.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back