Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3-RS side skirts on a Turbo S - where to source? (991.2)

M@r]{

Hey all. Just picked up my new to me 991.2 Turbo S. I’m hoping to source a set of GT3-RS side skirts, but struggling to find a set. I don’t want carbon as I want to paint them body colour (black).

Can anyone suggest somewhere?

TIA

Bizzarley, I’ve also just started looking into this and found your thread in my search!

I’m keen to do the same on my 991.1 Turbo S and also don’t want to go down the Carbon route. I saw a post which suggested someone bought a set from a Porsche dealer for 490 EUR which sounds suspiciously cheap!

I found Suncoast in the US do these for a reasonable cost but shipping and tax would obviously come into play: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK991TSKIRTS.html

Also came across this one, https://www.getporschesilverspringp...e-member-trim-matte-black-left-99150459586ok1

I think I’d be happy to leave them in Matt / satin black as opposed to painting them and leaving them susceptible to the inevitable road rash?

These appear to be the genuine Porsche items which backup the 490 EUR cost I came across, but need to do more research on part numbers. Also I’m new to Porsche so have no idea how fussy OPCs are about selling parts that technically don’t fit our vehicles?

Let me know what you find out…

@M@r]{ - After looking at this in a bit more detail all of the GT3 RS’s I’ve seen have them left in the rubber / satin black as opposed to colour coded.

Although having them colour coded would look really smart, I still believe they are best left in their original finish in terms of longer term durability.

I do agree about not going down the Carbon route though.

Tried a number of Porsche dealers but no luck, don’t seem to want to supply them. Tried the Porsche Owners club, no luck either. So found the Porsche part numbers:

99150459586OK1
99150459686OK1

And then ordered them from EuroSpares. £500 including delivery for the OEM parts. Little concerned I’m missing something as I expected them to be more. We’ll see when they arrive.

I did look in to this and you have the right part numbers IIRC, many have done this on rennspeed.

Some OPC's wont sell the parts without a 3RS VIN, but they should be the exact same parts eurospares send.

Do let us know how you get on with fitting.

The fitting looks super easy from the video's I've seen. Posts on Rennspeed also comment on how good value and simple this mod is.

Super keen to get this done, let us know how you get on too!

Not a turbo but my RS with custom tweeks to show effect?

Attachments

• IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 9
Ordered mine through OPC. No issues at all.
Few videos on youtube, this is the one which was most helpful.

I had mine PPF painted in lava to match body and should just peal off if reqd to go back to std👍

Ordered mine through OPC. No issues at all.
Few videos on youtube, this is the one which was most helpful.

Yes, that's the video I came across too. Seems super simple :)

Tried a number of Porsche dealers but no luck, don’t seem to want to supply them. Tried the Porsche Owners club, no luck either. So found the Porsche part numbers:

99150459586OK1
99150459686OK1

And then ordered them from EuroSpares. £500 including delivery for the OEM parts. Little concerned I’m missing something as I expected them to be more. We’ll see when they arrive.

Have your parts arrived yet and have you had a chance to fit them yet?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back