Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gear oil and front drive transmission oil change.

piero66

Dear Friends,
I am looking to change the gear box oil and front drive transmission oil of my 997 4S, my2006, manual; the car has now 175k kilometer and I've found out that it's time to make this maintenance done (unluckily I could not discover if it has been done by the previous owner...so it is better to provide as soon as possible); seen from other posts that there is a bit of confusion about oil type and quantity needed...it seems that for the gear box I need 3lt (2,8lt indeed) of SAE 75w90 and for the front drive transmission 1lt (approx 0,8lt) of SAE 75w80. Found out also that for the gear box the oil suggested is Mobilube PTX with P/N 00004330543 and for the front drive transmission the ATF Dextron III with P/N 95830054000...can anyone confirm these data or give me a suggestion about the perfect oil for this change? I would like to use the best oil recommanded by Porsche since this is an operation expected only every 12 years or 180k km (from the maintenance booklet).
Thanks very much for your help!
piero from italy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back