Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For those of you that like quick 997 turbos

Oh great, just reread the thread title... bloody fat fingers and iPhones! 😂

Fixed by moderator.

Enjoyed that brill cheers what a beast! :thumbs:

Yea that's one I tuned.

Switchable maps between 650 and 890bhp Tiptronic dulls it a bit due to the long gearing. We rev it to 7500 and it's on totally stock internals so it shows what's possible.

I'd want more padding on that seat :eek:

Oh, and SPF50 :floor:

Awesome tune too.

A number of weeks ago I stumbled across the chap that owns it.

Really friendly and entertained all my questions. That car is rather epic and had I not been in Monaco I would have accepted his invite to go and have a better look at it!

First of all, hats off to @Mezgerite aka Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments for constantly doing the R&d and pushing boundaries.

Now take note of this the next bit because if you approach any of the home name tuners they tend to all offer the same tuning options (bolt ons and a tune up to say... 600bhp/7-800nm with standard internals):

The owner said its got 4 (yes, 4!) switchable maps. I asked how he's switching between them and assumed that he was using a DSC box for the additional 2. Nope! At the time said he wasn't running any suspension controller.
It's done by "a sequence on the brake and throttle pedal prior to start up. The rev counter indicates which map you have selected." :eek:
Though the bottom end is standard he did say its been a hardware battle for a number of years to get the tip box up to where it needs to be," including an upgraded valve body internally and a tuned TCU. Then the boost control was fully reworked with a 3 bar map sensor."
At the time he was at
Map 4 890bhp 740lbft with meth 99ron
(Around 750 wheel horse power)
Map 3 800bhp with meth 4.5 100-200 kph
Map 2 700bhp with meth
Map 1 650bhp (no meth) 5.7 100-200 kph

Doing man math that's over 1000nm TQ!(!!!)

Yes he has had it out on the 1/4 mile and is at
"10.4 1/4 mile consistantly @ 138 mph.
1/2 mile 16.02 @ 169 mph."

Needless to say it's a breath of fresh air to see someone break the original/experimental threshold once again.

That red turbo a fair bit quicker than those trap speeds would suggest. It was running with faulty meth system. Those BW EFR 7163 are a 1000bhp set up!

Minty 997.1 turbo runs 137mph and 167mph in qtr mile and half mile at similar events on race fuel. Thats with MS109 and I estimate somewhere between 700-800bhp.

Toby's RS Tuning 3.9 997 GT2 at same events running 140mph qtr and 170mph plus half mile with circa 800bhp on pump fuel.

I'd say if he ever replaces the meth system its a 9 sec car. Do the forged rods and 12 inch headstuds closer to 9 secs flat . Hairy stuff :thumbs:

Sadly I wasn't able to be there, but it was running in the 5's 100-200 at the event where it is normally well into the 4's. It's certainly pushing it for a stock engine. With PDK it would be a second quicker over the 1/4.

890bhp a credit to you Rick :worship:

Whats the sweetspot for these snails? 5000rpm?

Mezgerite said:
Yea that's one I tuned.

Switchable maps between 650 and 890bhp Tiptronic dulls it a bit due to the long gearing. We rev it to 7500 and it's on totally stock internals so it shows what's possible.

Didn't realise you were on here Rick. I remember you from the good old SRS days. Hope all is well and top work as always. 👍

TonicUK said:
A number of weeks ago I stumbled across the chap that owns it.

Really friendly and entertained all my questions. That car is rather epic and had I not been in Monaco I would have accepted his invite to go and have a better look at it!

Craig is a top bloke, and a pretty ***** hot painter, I have to say. 👍

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back