Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First porsche 911

M40CCA

Thought I'd introduce myself

Just taken the plunge and bought my first porsche, had a c7 rs6 before

Spec is

C4s in lava orange

PPF to front end
PDDC
PSE
Axle lift
Rear steering
Sports chrono
PDLS+
Front and rear sensors with camera
Electric glass roof
Sport design mirrors
Privacy glass
Aluminium filler cap
Power steering plus
Speed limit display
Light design pack
Rear footwell lighting
Home link
Adaptive sports plus seats
Bose
Gt multifunction steering wheel and gearstick in alacantra
Porsche crest on headrests
Painted key with leather pouch
Seat centres in alacantra
Black porsche lettering to Rear

Just a few questions

Is the sport design front bumper and rear spolier worth the money from porsche? Or are there aftermarket options out there better?
Exhaust options ? Had a miltek on the Rs6

Thanks

Attachments

• img_20220210_wa0009_400.jpg
    img_20220210_wa0009_400.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 2,093
Beautiful, I just love the lava orange.
Enjoy.

Congrats, you have managed to acquire a very outstanding 991 by way of it`s colour.

I suspect you will have the Porsche extended warranty having bought from an OPC..? That being the case fitting non Porsche parts, fitted by folk outside the OPC network, would seem to put aspects of the warranty at risk.. :?:

Nice one! As Luddite mentioned, non OEM mods will void the warranty if it comes to a claim or extension in the future.
I am not into mods. Just enjoy it the way it's meant to be :thumb:

Luddite said:
Congrats, you have managed to acquire a very outstanding 991 by way of it`s colour.

I suspect you will have the Porsche extended warranty having bought from an OPC..? That being the case fitting non Porsche parts, fitted by folk outside the OPC network, would seem to put aspects of the warranty at risk.. :?:

Thank you, yes the colour was definitely the one for me. Yes I've received 2yrs porsche warranty and what to keep that so the exhaust will be a no no. I just really liked the look of the subtle spoiler and gts bumper on the sport design kit from porsche. Would I still lose warranty if I went aftermarket styling parts?

Mogwoldo said:
Beautiful, I just love the lava orange.
Enjoy.

Thank you. Yes the colour is amazing
I've just noticed whereabouts you are!! What a beautiful place St Ives is, I have been going every year since I was around 2yrs old with my parents and now my children so for the last 40yrs!! It has changed a lot through the years espically these last 5yrs with bars and restaurants
Still one of the best beaches in the world in my opinion 👌

M40CCA said:
..... Yes I've received 2yrs porsche warranty and what to keep that so the exhaust will be a no no. I just really liked the look of the subtle spoiler and gts bumper on the sport design kit from porsche. Would I still lose warranty if I went aftermarket styling parts?

It's unlikely that any warranty claim you'd make would be anything to do with after-market body parts so they won't be an issue BUT if you were hoping to renew the warranty when the existing terms expires you wouldn't be able to.

If you used Porsche parts they might take a different view but it's worth talking to your OPC warranty expert before buying them.

Welcome on-board - lovely looking car and a really great spec too!! :thumb:

The OEM Sport Design front bumper/rear spoiler would be nice additions and as you already have FAL, wouldn't be a worry regarding speed bumps and ramps - only you can decide whether the looks justify the spend.

As others have mentioned, obvious (visible) aftermarket parts will void the Porsche extended warranty. The PSE system is pretty well designed to optimise performance of the stock engine and the turbos tend to dampen the sound anyway, so it depends how much extra noise you're hoping for (but see below for a suggestion).

One idea would be to run stock for a couple of years and then, once you're settled with the car, create a 'Slush-fund' in place of the warranty and make whatever modifications you fancy.

These are complex cars and there are some potentially costly things that can make having the official warranty a very good idea but if that's not a worry and at some point you feel like saying 'to hell with that', then I'd look at an Akrapovič Slip-on as a good start. If funds allow then the additional CAT pipes/Headers/Sport CATs, or visit the folks at Litchfield, who've already done a lot of great work tuning the 9A2 engine.

You could always limit your changes, to things that can easily be reverted to OEM, to retain value as/when you come to move on and in the meantime, put those spare bits onto one side.

Whether you keep her stock/OEM, or decide to modify, have fun and let us know how you go.

Akrapovič Slip-on
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pr...rt-exhaust?brandId=15&modelId=856&yearId=6083

Litchfield
https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/porsche/911-2-carrera/

Nice colour car. Great that it doesn't have black wheels!

I'd use the Porsche upgraded bits or not bother. They never look like great value for money, sadly.

Magic919 said:
Nice colour car. Great that it doesn't have black wheels!

I'd use the Porsche upgraded bits or not bother. They never look like great value for money, sadly.

I'm not a fan of Black wheels at all
80% of the cars I looked had them aswell
That's the way I'm looking at going OEM or nothing

I ordered and paid for an Aerokit from Porsche in Feb 2021 for my 991.1 GTS, cancelled the order in January 22 when I sold my car and there was still no delivery date! Please be aware that just because the parts are being advertised as available and you can place an order, it doesn't mean that they are so if you really want a spoiler then you may be better off finding a car that already has a factory Aerokit.

:congrats:

Looks like a lovely example and I've not seen many in that colour!
Look forward to seeing some more photo's

Enjoy the ride :thumb:

If you get round to grabbing a few pics of your 991, perhaps you might like to post a few at this location..?

911uk.com - Porsche Forum : View topic - Location for 991 pics perhaps..?

Luddite said:
If you get round to grabbing a few pics of your 991, perhaps you might like to post a few at this location..?

Hi
I cant seem to open the link

Luddite said:

Found the post
Yes I'll definitely post into here next week when I collect the car

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back