Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust tip securing grip rings

bennettonward

Trainee
I know this subject has cropped up before but couldn't find the thread I read previously about exhaust tips becoming loose due to corrosion of these securing rings. I have recently bought a set of Carrera S tips to replace my standard ovals and needed to replace these rings due to corrosion so though a link to an eBay supplier could prove useful to others since neither Porsche or Topgear are able to supply them without the tips

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...st-Compression-Grip-Ring-Knurled/143671104273

Hope it proves useful and note that I had an offer accepted of £100 for a pair plus postage.

Ward.

I am sure it was a member on here that said he was going to make a few extra and sell them on ebay when he did his own car , I looks familiar as he was going to leave them solid so you could cut out whatever size section you wanted to form the compression section :thumb:

I remember the discussion as he was saying £60 some thought it a bit expensive and should be more like £30/40 but at the end of the day its a part thats not available to buy and if you dont have the tools or skills to make it your really dont have an option, which makes £60 to solve an issue with a part thats unavailable elsewhere reasonable value.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to spend that if I needed one. :thumb:

£60 each for those is scandalous. Chap at my work has got a couple made up, did them for me, but as I'd changed the diameter of my homemade silencer delete pipes, I needed custom size ones making. I'll get in touch with him, he did say he was going to come on here and offer them for sale if he'd got enough to do a batch.

TonyC911 said:
bennettonward said:
I had an offer accepted of £100 for a pair plus postage.

Wow! :eek:

I know it sounds expensive but if the difference between driving your car and not driving it is £100 I am afraid I would have done the same :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back