Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dry ice blasting cleaning process vid

Luddite

Indianapolis
Just watched this vid, having spent quite some time parts cleaning over the years, I am ever dubious when some new miracle appears on the scene. Interesting to see the original finishes being revealed as the process cleans the crud off... Though in my part of the world I suspect the effects of corrosion is more than likely to be revealed than any kind of anodized finish on nuts and washers etc.etc.etc.

https://youtu.be/etDMnV9epms

Also wondered if it might be suitable to use in relation to de sludging the inlet tract of DFI engines such as the 997.2 on.. :?:

Ive been looking at this as well. I'd need to see the results with my own eyes. But it looks impressive that it can take a surface back to zinc, and not damage a rubber steering boot or CV boot.

Does look a superb process, especially on the parts that can be taken back to raw finish such as the aluminium castings, rubbers and brake discs.

On surfaces which have a coated finish such an electroplate or paint, again the finish looks excellent. However, this car essentially seems to have no underlying corrosion as it is from a USA warm environment. So I do wonder what the cleaning ability would be like in a UK climate where the electroplate and paints have partially deteriorated and have started to come away? Would the dry ice make such surfaces look like a dalmatian's back with areas of the old surface finish still in place alongside pitted cleaned areas of bare metal? Would be interesting to see.

Essentially it's walnut shell blasting, without the mess. Great idea for a clean process. Kudos :thumbs:

I stripped and walnut blasted my old Audi RS4 inlet and head myself. Can definitely see how this would be much easier and cleaner with much less risk of anything getting stuck where it shouldn't.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back