Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door Auto Locking + Seat Memory Coding

911-C2

Monza
I would like to code out the auto locking function of my 996.2 so the doors do not lock above the 6mph limit, the double pull of the handle is infuriating. I cant find the correct place in PIWIS to do this.

I also have an issue with one of my keys where whatever I try I can not get it to forget the old seat memory position using the buttons by the sill it has been programmed for. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you get in this situation then you need to reset the function via PIWIS but again I cant find out where. My other key programming works fine, but the above makes the spare key pretty useless as the seat moves every time you unlock the car with it.

I have had a bit of success with coding, in the fact that I have managed to tell my car it does not have a CD Changer and stop the annoying pop up on PCM2 every time I started the car. Interestingly it has never had a CDC so I guess the coding just got messed up at some point, I removed it from the MOST list and its now great, just turns on as expected. Now if only I could fix the time on the PCM2 to stop showing year 2000 - I guess this is due to the GPS rollover event that happened a couple of years ago and is not fixable.

Going to be retrofitting cruise too once I can stomach the ridiculous cost of the stalk.

You can get a used stalk and transfer the OBC stalk over, should save you quite a bit! There is a very good installation guide on here somewhere.

From memory its the version coding in the alarm system you need to alter .. version 4 is standard with i think version 2 being the lock with ignition on.

Never having tried to code one off before so i don't actually know but try each version and see what happens .

key issues with memory seats are often a case of a new key being coded on but the transponder and the remote have beem coded to different positions ..

Ie you have position 1-4 .. if transponder is coded to 2 and remote to 3 then it causes issues with the memory seats .

To fix you would need to check this then if needed move the transponder to the same position as the remote .

It is not possible to move the remote position.

Be aware when moving it you need to know if the position is that of your other key.

To check you insert 1 key .. check transponder position and the inserted key will be shown at the top .

To do this you WILL need ipas codes which if you don't have then you'll need to go into your local OPC with your driving license and the V5 for the car to obtain .

Transponder can be coded on any time in any position if you mess up .. remote and it cant .. mess with that and it's a new key head .

PCM date .. no chance .. or rather if you want to throw a shed load of money at it its possible .

deMort said:
From memory its the version coding in the alarm system you need to alter .. version 4 is standard with i think version 2 being the lock with ignition on.

Never having tried to code one off before so i don't actually know but try each version and see what happens .

key issues with memory seats are often a case of a new key being coded on but the transponder and the remote have beem coded to different positions ..

Ie you have position 1-4 .. if transponder is coded to 2 and remote to 3 then it causes issues with the memory seats .

To fix you would need to check this then if needed move the transponder to the same position as the remote .

It is not possible to move the remote position.

Be aware when moving it you need to know if the position is that of your other key.

To check you insert 1 key .. check transponder position and the inserted key will be shown at the top .

To do this you WILL need ipas codes which if you don't have then you'll need to go into your local OPC with your driving license and the V5 for the car to obtain .

Transponder can be coded on any time in any position if you mess up .. remote and it cant .. mess with that and it's a new key head .

PCM date .. no chance .. or rather if you want to throw a shed load of money at it its possible .

Thanks ill give it a try, I do have IPAS codes. Previous owner bought 2 brand new keys right before I got the car. I guess the coding isn't quite right.

As for the auto lock thing the issue is it doesn't unlock when you go ignition off.... kids / wife virtually ripping handle off door. Ill play around with it as would rather just have it off.

Currently investigating Cruise Control stalk and viability of fitting on OBC from old stalk. Its much cheaper.

Very happy to have a tool now to check fault codes and adjust some of this coding although it is quite confusing to navigate.... and slow.... Windows XP.

What the car is doing is normal .. you have to double pull the interior handle to unlock then open the door .. same on 997 and onwards.

I think you have an early 996 ? i seem to remember that PCM 2 and in the coding for that you altered V=0 ... that might be 997 though .

It's one of those jobs that id need the car in front of me to sort it i'm afraid .. so many different ways on different models .

Try the version coding anyways .

As with anything when coding .. don't alter too many items at once and always make a note of what you have altered so you can return it to original if needed ..

I talk from experience here :D

With Piwis the main functions are at the top and you need to scroll right to see them all ..

You can Program things like Dme etc if you want to .. logically it should be fine it its a good copy of a Piwis .. up to you if you want to though :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back