Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design911 Short Shifter?

andyp

Spa-Francorchamps
I've followed various threads over the years on RS short shifters and RS shift tubes and golden rods, so I roughly know the options and the advantages in going this route.

Looking at sourcing the parts, I came across the Design911 'DesignTek' short shifter kit:

https://www.design911.com/DesignTek-Short-shift-system-Porsche-993-C2/prod146344/?source=doofinder

It looks to be a modified RS short shifter lever, fork and a forward rod to replace the ball joint.

The question I have is whether the replacement of the ball joint is really worthwhile?

Has anyone fitted one of these actual kits?

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
If it fit's as well as their steering rack brace I wouldn't bother :pc:

Was that a DesignTek part rather than OE?

brace

It certainly wasn't OE as I proceeded to get a genuine one and it fitted perfectly

This isn't made by design Tek, despite the logo on the ad, this is a FD Motorsports kit (same people that make the golden rod):

https://fdmotorsports.net/shop/ols/products/fdm-short-shift-kit

The RS OE Porsche short shifter plus replacement nylon bushes in the gear tube has a similar effect to the above kit, but the bushes may degrade again in 10+ years time.

I'm very happy with the setup I have: an OE RS shifter kit (about £70 from Porsche) with a WC Latheworks shifter, FD golden rod and new shift rod nylon bushes.

Photos of all of the above on my Instagram below, spread out over the last 15 months or so.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back