Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Definitive exhaust question

The Fabspeed 200 cell x-pipes are on and I'm very pleased. Beautifally made and easy to fit. Bit quieter with no pops and bangs. Got round to adjusting the tail pipes by removing 10mm from the Dansk Sport silencer hook so I could move that side forward. Wide oval tips finish the job nicely

Hi Endoman,

What made you want to go to the expense of swapping the Cargraphic 200cell X pipe with the Fabspeed ones? And you say you have lost the pops and bangs, is that what you expected/wanted? I kind of want more pops!!

Lig.

Riviera Bob said:
Lig said:
I will let you know how it sounds.... might even do a little vid!
Lig, interested to hear that as I'm also planning to add some sports cats to the Fister 2s
Definitely! A before/after would be perfect, if possible :thumb:

Lig said:
Hi Endoman,

What made you want to go to the expense of swapping the Cargraphic 200cell X pipe with the Fabspeed ones? And you say you have lost the pops and bangs, is that what you expected/wanted? I kind of want more pops!!

Lig.

The Cargraphics have been on for about 10yrs and have been a bit of a pain. They use springs to hold the cats in and never made a decent seal.I could never get them lined up to my satisfaction, the clamps interfere with each other and the tail pipes needed a lot of cutting to clear the clamps.
You get tired of the pops and bangs and Nissan Micras disappearing into hedgerows when you pass them. The leaks probably account for some of the pops and bangs.
The Fabspeeds are in a different league and amazingly cost less than I paid for the Cargraphics.
Previously I would not have passed an Oulton Park noise test but I'm pretty confident these will. Unlike a previous post I have no drone with the Dansk Sport silencers and I'm not scaring dogs and children. I used to regularly trigger car alarms.
Deep burble on idle with a nice rasp when on full throttle and that typical throaty gargle on overrun that you get on tuned 911s.
The interior has very little sound proofing and the rear seats have gone but you can still hear the Becker when it's set on stun.

Hi Chaps,

Just had the Dansk 100cell cat fitted... Fitting was surprisingly easy, no seized bolts, they all came off with a bit of persuasion...

The results are somewhat interesting. I was half expecting it could be too loud and boomy, but quite the opposite really. The sound is not that much different at all to the standard cat. Slightly deeper with a tad more rumble... However the car did seem to 'breathe' better and rev more freely... I will have to report back when I have done some more miles as this was just initial feelings from the 10mile journey back from the garage, but there was some sprinted driving involved and it deffo seemed more responsive...

So sound wise not much different, slightly deeper tone a few more pops.. performance wise... Yes, deffo felt more responsive and I would guess that when I get round to having a remap, it could well benefit further still with the new cat?!?!

Vids below:

First is with the Dansk Sport mufflers (which were really boomy inside - and I wouldn't recommend these to anyone...).
Second is with the Fister II mufflers.
Third is with the Dansk 100c Cat and Fister IIs.

Cheers,
Lig.

Sounds good. Does it actually pop and bang if you lift off?
I can blip mine and make it pop all the time lol. Childish but sounds fabulous. Also does it on gearshift etc at higher revs. One of the best things about our cars I reckon is the throaty sound once you have played with the exhaust

Hi ChrisT,

Yes it pops nicely when you lift off. It seems to do this more when you are actually moving (may be something to do with the engine back pressure) than when its just stationary revving...

Also note to the OP Highway ..... if its just sound you are after then I would save your money on the Cat and just go down the Fister or RSR route....

Cheers,
Lig.

Vids 2 & 3 both sound great. I've just had Fister III's fit and my 5 year old loves the sound. :cool:

It seems like you may have persuaded me to add some Sports Cats...

C.

Lig, very helpful to hear the back to back comparison. The sports cat gives a more mechanical sound?

Nik said:
Anyone wanting to hear the change made my 200 cell cats, here is my before/after...

https://youtu.be/BCLu32VmmWo
Sounds great :thumb: , is it fair to assume all other exhaust components, apart from the wide ovals, are factory standard?

Lig said:
Vids below:

First is with the Dansk Sport mufflers (which were really boomy inside - and I wouldn't recommend these to anyone...).
Second is with the Fister II mufflers.
Third is with the Dansk 100c Cat and Fister IIs.
Very helpful, thanks going to the effort of capturing and posting. Fisters sound great! 8)

Nik & Lig - what made you choose between 100 cell and 200 cell variants?

You're right :) - I didn't realise Dansk only did the 100 cell option. It's Gert/Carnewal that offers both 100 and 200 variants.

A bit of searching around shows 100 cell cat will be less restrictive, more free flowing and thus fractionally louder than the 200 cell cat. Believe our cars left the factory with 400 cell cats.

I guess we can assume the manufacturer also probably has an influence on sound due to materials/construction, so a 200 cell cats from Dansk, Martin Scart, HJS, etc. will all sound different :what:.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back