Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cup holder

steve1

Nurburgring
Hi guys have had my replacement cup holders for my 996 2002 cab but there does not seem to be much information on the replacement method, it seems it cannot be removed from the front so I'm assuming the whole radio assembly has to be removed.
Has anybody done this.

Regards Steve

Info below but you basically need to remove the entire front .. center vent is X2 spring clips at the top .. a small screwdriver to lever down the lock tabs each side and hold down .

Panel is clipped in place so trim tools to pull it forwards .

Instructions are for an earlier model .. yours will be all one piece and not separate side to side .

Attachments

• d2_1_434.jpg
    d2_1_434.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 1,075
  • d1_1_183.jpg
    d1_1_183.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 1,074
steve1 said:
Hi guys have had my replacement cup holders for my 996 2002 cab but there does not seem to be much information on the replacement method, it seems it cannot be removed from the front so I'm assuming the whole radio assembly has to be removed.
Has anybody done this.

Regards Steve

The front popped off mine a little while ago and I'm struggling to get it back on as there seems to be a cog wheels that moves it when you open the cup holder. I think i may need to buy a new one as I don't seem to be able to fix it.

How much did you pay for yours?

Finally got round to fitting new cup holder took about 20min
Prise off horseshoe switch panel, remove air vent I used two 6in steel rulers pushed in about half way along each air vent and pulled out, removed four screws one in each corner of the radio support frame, pulled out frame with radio snug fit but not to tight, push down on two silver clips on cup holder and slide out cup holder from rear of radio frame. Cannot be removed from front.
Reverse order to replace.

Infrasilver found mine on flebay £50

Might try to repair mine if I can find the parts

Can you retrofit the 996.2 cupholders to the 996.1? The generic 1DIN Boxster version is just hideous and the OE one that clips to the side air vent is kind of crap.

My one fits boxter 986 - 1997 and 996 1998 - 2005

Welcome to my old one if you want to try

Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back