Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Corroded nut and bolt removal.

It is good, the fact it's an aerosol with a straw means you can really jet it precisely into the stubborn thread/component with some force too.

Les Richards said:
Luddite said:
Lennym1984, thanks for taking the time to confirm the probability that your induction heater may have been a Chinese variant. £200 is more palatable to me than circa £600 these days, given I have all but hung my tools up.

Heat will ever travel as you found out, I think one of the the advantages of the induction process is the speed at which reasonably high temps can be localised to some degree, which works better for some tasks than others if used with care..?

I have not removed coffin arms, though came across similar suspension bush problems on my old sports cars over the years, all for the want of a bit of Copperslip to make disassembly a far less arduous task..!

Many thanks for your kind offer, but there are a few hundred miles between us, I suspect fuel costs alone would cover the cost of buying a Chinese copy.. :)

+1 for Copperslip :thumb:

Copperslip afaik turns white & powdery in heated applications and is cancerous.
Just passing on what a technical / safety bulletin update for an offshore engine manufacturer gave us. They recommended using Molykote products instead.

sja 360, thanks for the heads up on Copperslip.

I suspect the hottest location I have used it in is when fitting new brake pads. To date I have not used any anti seize paste on exhaust, though if I ever get round to replacing exhaust mainfold fixings I will search the forum for best advice at that time.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back