Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coil pack fixing centres

Paynewright

Montreal
Does anyone know the 'exact' spacing, centre to centre of the coil pack fixings on the M96 engine. Yes I could remove a coil pack and measure but wondered if anyone has bench measured or has engineering drawings?

I have two coil packs where one bolt has sheared. I am thinking of making a ally bar with a 5mm hole one end to fix to the remaining fixing and a bigger hole the other end, to take a drilling guide. There is still a slight risk of drilling off, however 2 of the 3 planes will be accurate.

Perhaps one for MisterCorn maybe using the drill guides from his abs jig?

Any thoughts welcome!

Regards
Ian

Just to add, this winter bumper and exhaust boxes coming off to do a few things so ideal time to tackle the issue. IIRC they are the middle cylinders so should get the drill in!

I can measure it from a cam cover tomorrow. PM me in the morning.

MC

To get it super accurately I would measure from a coil pack with calipers. Looks like 57mm to me though from this.

If I was to make up a jig I would do as you suggest but have an expanding section to go in the hole where the coil fits to clamp it in place. I'd get a scrap valve cover to mess around with first, they should be easy enough to get hold of as there are plenty of damaged heads around.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back