Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning .7 Turbo Wheels....CP Trix or BH Korro?

Scholester

Barcelona
I am not s serial polisher (car rarely gets dirty :wink:) but would like a steer on wheel cleaning products.

I am mindful of aggressive cleaners and have narrowed my search down to Carpro Trix which combines iron and tar fallout cleaning tech, and Bilt Hammer Korrosol which only removes the iron fallout.

Any views on which way to go? Any better options out there at the same price point?

Also, does anyone dare spray these types of products onto callipers and bodywork!?

If wheels are very caked - eg. after a few days away I use Car Pro Iron-X.

For general use I spray Muc-Off Nanotec bike cleaner on, leave it for a couple of minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth.

Bodywork doesn't react well to most wheel cleaning products but Muc-Off is definitely safe and I believe Iron-X is ok.

I have used Korrosol in the past but tbh I didn't think it really done much but that could possibly be because my wheels never get ridiculously dirty. For general day to day I use Valet Pro Bilberry which seems to shift everything I need shifted. Apparently Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner is very effective if the brake dust is properly baked on but I haven't used it myself. I have used brick acid in the past though...

T8 said:
If wheels are very caked - eg. after a few days away I use Car Pro Iron-X.

For general use I spray Muc-Off Nanotec bike cleaner on, leave it for a couple of minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth.

Bodywork doesn't react well to most wheel cleaning products but Muc-Off is definitely safe and I believe Iron-X is ok.
I am replacing tyres next week so wanted to do wheel-off wheel clean. Only caked on inner rim so will work that area before coating/waxing. Is the caking likely to contain any tar spots or pretty much just brake crud?

I am a big fan of both Carpro and Bilt hamber products, although I do favour Iron-x as a fallout remover. It is safe to use on the bodywork, spray it on the lower half sides and rear to remove any bonded iron particles. Leave it for 5-10 mins to do its thing and then rinse off, but DO NOT use on warm / hot surfaces and DO NOT let it dry on the panels! You can use it with a soft brush / mitt on your wheels. BTW most iron fallout removers absolutely stink!

Personally, I use a separate tar remover, mostly because I rarely need to apply it and I can apply it just in the needed areas.

You shouldn't need to use these types of products for every wash, where possible just use a car shampoo or a water based / non-corrosive wheel cleaner. It's also worth investing in some decent wheel brushes and wheel woolies for those hard to reach areas :thumbs:

Scholester said:
I am replacing tyres next week so wanted to do wheel-off wheel clean. Only caked on inner rim so will work that area before coating/waxing. Is the caking likely to contain any tar spots or pretty much just brake crud?

You will very likely have some tar spots. An old piece of clay is very handy for removing stubborn tar / stains from your wheels.

I also recommend Gtechniq C5 for coating them after a thorough clean :)

Great advice - thanks chaps 👍

Iron fall out works great, I use 2/3 coats of poorboys wheel sealant on Inside and curb face of wheels, no need to use any wheel cleaner then 👍

Of course i meant 7.1 Turbo wheels! :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back