Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cd frunk changer removal question

soin

Monza
Have been carrying out a lot of work on the missus new 04 Turbo Cab
Fit Hardtop receiver brackets
Removed centre console to repair reverse light switch
Paint centre console to body colour
Fit Pccm plus

Refitted newly painted console and alarmed the vehicle with no beep to signify open compartments.
Then removed frunk cd changer to connect MOST loop, couldn't find screw hole to fasten changer back to firewall/frunk tub so decided to unplug it from its power source and get rid of it all together

The single chirp on alarming the vehicle has returned and I'm curious as to if it's related to the removal of the changer.

Have rechecked all other compartments and disconnected the negative for 30 secs in case the system needed rebooting

Horn chirp still present

Any ideas ?

...I have a feeling that you will need to connect an orange Most loop to the Most connector that you disconnected when the changer was removed...this closes the circuit and fools the ecu that the changer remains connected...

Attachments

• s_l500_182.jpg
    s_l500_182.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,027
if you have removed a radio and fitted a PCCM then its more than likely the radio contact to tell the car the radio has been stolen is still connected ..

It Will beep on locking .

This is a wire on the n/s of the center dash switch pack .. you basically pull this out and look for a blue grey or blue brown wire .. its fitted to a contact in there anyways .. you need to unplug this wire as it's in the closed position .

It can be seen on a tester when looking at actual values for the alarm system .. closed means its in theft mode .. open and it's all good .

EDIT .. found this image .. ignore the image comments .. you unplug this wire to stop the beeping on locking .

Attachments

• cimg3415_171.jpg
    cimg3415_171.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 973
GMG said:
...I have a feeling that you will need to connect an orange Most loop to the Most connector that you disconnected when the changer was removed...this closes the circuit and fools the ecu that the changer remains connected...

Thanks👍, I guess I could have made it clearer but in my original post I explained I removed the changer so as to fit said MOST loop, so I'm covered on that base, the PCCM plus comes with the Orange Most loop as part of the package

deMort said:
if you have removed a radio and fitted a PCCM then its more than likely the radio contact to tell the car the radio has been stolen is still connected ..

It Will beep on locking .

This is a wire on the n/s of the center dash switch pack .. you basically pull this out and look for a blue grey or blue brown wire .. its fitted to a contact in there anyways .. you need to unplug this wire as it's in the closed position .

It can be seen on a tester when looking at actual values for the alarm system .. closed means its in theft mode .. open and it's all good .

EDIT .. found this image .. ignore the image comments .. you unplug this wire to stop the beeping on locking .

Mmm ok, not sure if that is relevant to this issue. I removed a PCM 2 unit to fit the PCCM plus and the console was out for painting. The last job was refitting console making sure the centre console lid contact was replaced correctly, after I'd refitted i locked and unlocked the car several times to check the horn chirp, all was good, no chirp. So at this point the PCCM was up and running and console was back to normal

A few days later was when I was advised to isolate the changer with the MOST loop, and after doing so the chirp seems to have returned.

i guess if I plug the changer back in and test that would give me an answer, the changer power lead was a bitch to release though, had me screaming blue murder trying to depress the release tab

I guess more investigation is required

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back