Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car Tax +10% from April 1st 2023

That's an extra £30 I'll need to stump up!! :pc: :pc: :pc: :grin:

Fuel price is at aleast nor over £2/- now :nooo:

Get out and drive whilst you still can!

Enjoy it because it won't last for much longer.

Time to buy one of these ;)

Attachments

• left_104.jpg
    left_104.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 632
Hmm. I have 4 vehicles - two cars, two bikes - and this is going to make £80 ish difference across the year.

I don't tend to SORN my bikes / 996 when not in use over winter, but I get the feeling I will now.

The rise is probably to plug the gap from the lack of taxation from EVs. Someone in the Gov has not crunched the numbers when it comes to money generated for them from petrol/diesel. They simply can't afford the EV takeover unless they charge eye watering amounts for the lecky.

A quick scribble of sums:

100 miles trip:

Petrol/diesel car at 50mpg - 2 gallons - £14 - Gov receive 70% = £9.80

EV at 4mpkwh - 25kwh - (rapid charge at 70p/kwh) £17.50 - Gov receives 5% = £0.875

So we can already see it can cost more to charge your EV than run on fossil fuel and the Gov only get around 8.9% revenue on EV as what they would on FF.
For the Gov to maintain the revenue off EV charging as they do off FF the electric price would need to be around £8 per kwh :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Gov receive around £26 BILLION from fuel duty every year. Slash that down to (8.9%) £2.3 BILLION and figure out what's going to happen. Scary times. :nooo:

Did someone mention 15 minute cities? :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Note: Edited due to a mis calculation.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back