Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabriolet hood motor

segart

Nurburgring
Hi folks,
My next door neighbour friend has recommissioned his owned from new 993 cabriolet, after sitting in his garage unmoved for 15 years.
Unfortunately the hood motor is no longer working and needs to be replaced. Porsche are quoting £900 for this.
Any tips or recommendations for an after market supplier at more affordable costs would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Rick

segart said:
Hi folks,
My next door neighbour friend has recommissioned his owned from new 993 cabriolet, after sitting in his garage unmoved for 15 years.
Unfortunately the hood motor is no longer working and needs to be replaced. Porsche are quoting £900 for this.
Any tips or recommendations for an after market supplier at more affordable costs would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Rick

Hi,

There are 2 lifting motors, left and right, as well as 2 locking motors at the front. Stg 900 for 1 or 2 ?? :eek: I don't have a cheap source but could they not be rebuilt? He will also need to look at the side drive mechanisms that the motors connect to. They are also very expensive. He should check them for movement to ensure that when he connects the motors they don't get spoilt. I had mine replaced by OPC Q8 15 years ago when they weren't soo expensive. After 15 years of lying idle all the parts for the top will need a good checking over.

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back