Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake replacement on a GTS

Slalomdude

Looking a buying a GTS with 30k miles on it. I know everyone drives differently but what sort of mileage before a break job is needed. What’s a ballpark cost at an OPC as I will be extending the warranty. Just want to make sure the purchase price is right based on what may need doing. Any other big service items due at 30k ish? Thanks guys

Best is to get the 111 point check report if buying from an OPC which should give the amount left in the brakes! If not ask the dealer to measure it for you.

Best is to get the 111 point check report if buying from an OPC which should give the amount left in the brakes! If not ask the dealer to measure it for you.
The car is a private sale so I assume it would be best to pay for the 111 point OPC prior to buying ?

With a private sale, you should be able to transfer any existing warranty to your ownership. If that is the case, just a health check by an OPC should give you the answer regarding the brakes.
If there is no existing warranty , then a 111 point check after 90 days of ownership will be needed and also the last service should have been done by OPC.

Three years ago I was quoted circa £1k for new discs on my 1013 MY 991.1 C4S Discs can look fine on the front face but mine had a 100 ring of rust running round the perimeter of the inside face, only 5mm of which was swept by the pads. As I am not the last of the late brakers, I declined the offer to replace them given the rest of the inside face was clear of wear or damage..

I had a complimentary check carried out at my local OPC which picked up on perhaps £400 worth of small issues that would require attention prior to it passing the 111 point check..

If you're sure that you want to buy the car I'd be asking the current owner to get a 111 point check done on the car (at your cost) with a view to negotiating the final price.

Better still I'd try to agree a price based upon him getting the remedial work done and taking out an OPC warranty which can be transferred to you straight away.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back