Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 981 GTS for sale with alleged 406 hp!

All discussion re power claim aside, this BGTS still remains the best one available today in UK IMHO ......
There are none as nice as this one AFAIK........subjective I know , if I were in the market , I would be on that dealers case .......

It's a pity I am not ......

Terry

911TEL said:
All discussion re power claim aside, this BGTS still remains the best one available today in UK IMHO ......

So basically ignore the thread title and the question the OP asked about what mods were made to obtain the "claimed" 406hp :grin:

Capristo quote 348hp for the fitment of their complete exhaust, which means DMS are claiming their remap is worth 58hp :hand:

The 3.4 engine is severely asphyxiated by the factory, not only in the exhaust, but also on the induction side (both physically and electronically)

The exhaust has been nicely freed up with the fitment of the complete Capristo system, but the physical aspects of the induction haven't (and the jury is out as to whether DMS have cracked the electrical restrictions that limit the engine producing the power it's capable of) and on that basis, their remap will have been nothing more than an optimisation of the fuel and ignition maps to take account of the improved breathing afforded by the exhaust.

Taking that into account, I suspect this car has closer to 365-370hp, which is along way short of the 406hp claimed by the vendor and DMS ...

But the car is indeed a very well specc'ed example, and with some further investment in the engine tuning department, it would make a great cut-price 981 Spyder alternative :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back