Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth battery condition tracker.

Luddite

Indianapolis
Given many Porsches may be weekend cars at best and now that we are in Winter that some are laid up, battery life is likely to become an issue. I watched the PCA video on batteries which is a tad long winded but educational none the less on lead acid, glass matt batteries and lithium types. As someone who used to know a fair bit about lead acid batteries I was quite amazed to learn of the facilities that can be built into lithium batteries that I had never imagined possible..!

Putting the above aside, the mention of a battery condition TRACKER piqued my interest, apparently this small device can be connected to the battery , and can track aspects of the operation and condition of your battery either while the car is being driven or when parked.

Apparently an app can be downloaded to your phone to allow connection to check the data collected by the tracker, as it monitors the battery condition and parasitic or other voltage losses over time which could be handy when trying to determine if the battery voltage reduction may be down to parasitic losses or just the battery`s internal condition deteriorating.

I know nothing of the product or even if it is available in the UK, just posting the links having read of so many battery issues where there is ever confusion as to whether the battery failure is down to low alternator output, parasitic losses in the cars electrical system or the battery it`s self.

Interesting..?

Antigravity Batteries Bluetooth Battery Tracker - YouTube

Tech Tactics LIVE: Need a jump? We talk batteries and related accessories - YouTube

I run the battery monitor BM2. Very cheap and easy to install, with a bluetooth app on my phone.

MC

Just search for Battery Monitor BM2, they can be had for just over £15 each. I bought half a dozen of them, the range isn't very good on them, but they certainly do a good job of tracking the voltage.

MC

They're on eBay and should be less than £20. Jonttt did a write up on his Boxster page and like a mug I bought two :roll:

They're actually rather good

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back