Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Been after a limited Edition BMW M5... the video !!

I think the video was ok, it was clearly before prep and it looks like they will address the issues before sale which is good, the rev at cold was just a blip and it wasnt under load. The biggest concern for me would be the colour combo, poverty spec white with black wheels does not scream prestige car. It looks like the sort of car you get in cities with tinted rear windows and a personalised plate, screaming around city centres in a 30 limit scattering pedestrians and cutting up buses, I think this would affect resale, so personally I would shop around.

Boba fett said:
I guess I am being a little precious, but its a new car to me, so I want it to be a good experience...

Understandable :thumbs:

I'd also be more worried about him banging the door onto the car next to it as he got in, it was a tight gap... :grin:

joke_alert.gif

looks like someone has been doing a load of bugle in the front seat ;-)

have a look in the back or in the boot under the cover and you might have a right result.

they are absolute weapons in std form. chip them and they are bonkers fast.

maph said:
As for prepping the car, BMW often seem to not prep them until they have a buyer and then prep prior to collection. At my local dealer they have used M3s for sale with parking scrapes etc but at least you see the car in a true light.
Recently Sytner BMW had this Z4M Coupe listed - Can anyone spot what's missing in the picture? Unbelievable! And yet people (albeit possibly the less-informed, non-enthusiast motorist) still believe they're getting the best when they go to a main dealer!

As for the M5 vid - what an ill-prepared presentation of an ill-prepared car! I'd wager that was the first time that guy had even seen the car, let alone been inside it - "there is just one small mark on the leather. Oh no, it's just some paint or some residue or bodily fluid that I'm happy to scrape away with my fingernail for you sir" Euuugh!!! Gross!!! Surely any normal human being would press "stop" and do the video again - it just highlights again the arrogance of the dealers! Their whole approach seems to be "if they buy it they buy it. If not, then someone else will!"

Fortunately, BMW made more than one M5, so I'd continue the search if I were you. And I'd be sure to tell that dealer of the "training need" you've identified.

Attachments

• sytner_z4mcapture_200.png
    sytner_z4mcapture_200.png
    740.2 KB · Views: 7,374
Norfolk & Idea said:
And don't mess with Donny lads... esp ones with tats on their hands... Rock Ard!! :lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed!

Tattoed hands or face just doesn't inspire me.

Once upon a time, you walked into a BMW dealership and were greeted by a smart, professional looking salesperson.

Just hope he hasn't gone for the Spiders web on his neck?

Looks like BMW's thin veil of professionalism has finally slipped!

Not for me, I'm oot :bye:

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Revving any engine stone cold is a no no. But it's surprising how many people are unaware of this.

I think OP is getting a bit precious over it due to the fact it's 5 years old! I could understand the upset if it was brand new. It's a performance car ffs and will have had some royal spankings thus far in it's life.

And don't mess with Donny lads... esp ones with tats on their hands... Rock Ard!! :lol:

I guess I am being a little precious, but its a new car to me, so I want it to be a good experience, what happened to it in the past, is very much, what I don't see, don't hurt me, if you know what I mean.

Yep, I get what you mean. I'd get very twitchy if someone revved my car cold. I would instinctively baulk. Despite the fact it's probably had some abuse in the years before I got my hands on it.

jotaking said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed!

Tattoed hands or face just doesn't inspire me.

Once upon a time, you walked into a BMW dealership and were greeted by a smart, professional looking salesperson.

Just hope he hasn't gone for the Spiders web on his neck?

Looks like BMW's thin veil of professionalism has finally slipped!

Not for me, I'm oot :bye:

Couldn't agree more. I don't mind tats, I haven't got any myself. But if someone at any point in their life has thought it a good idea to get their face, neck or hands inked then in my book, they're nuts.

Its only the cold revving that would bother me, but as others say, its probably had worse. He did tell you it hadn't been prepped.

Nice motor, I have a F11 and they are great cars. Not an M5 unfortunately. Im also not a fan of the black wheels though.

My mate had an RS3 on pcp, after the 3 years is up it goes back to the dealer and sold onto someone like you and I. Now believe me this 5k cold reviving is nowt, I've sat in this RS3 and cringed, stone cold off the limiter as soon as it's moving, luckily it has a limiter to stop it revving past 2k at idle or that would get it too.

You wouldn't touch this car with a barge polll but once it goes back to dealer has a wash and polish no one would ever know.

Nice BMW, I wouldn't let it bother me but certainly would bring it up when/if you go to view it

Doncaster BMW is a Stratstone shop from memory. As far as tatts go, the intimidation with those went out long ago before the advent of deconstructed coffees with avocado smash and beard flowers.
Having lived 2 villages away from there, i know the site well. The video where he filmed it was their holding hard off to the side and would have taken 30 meters of driving to make it appear on the forecourt. In between those two points is their valeting team. Why wouldn't you ask them to throw a sponge over it :dont know:
To be fair they generally have well specced and priced cars from when I was looking at M cars, so keep an eye on them in the future.

Gents FWIW V10 BMW M5s are fitted with a rev limiter that restricts the maximum rpm when cold , this will rises as the engine temps increases and although 5,500 is bloody unkind I am pretty dam sure than when the young lad who has just changed the oil on our pride and joy takes it out for round the block test drive is not bothered a jot by the that fact that the car is not fully warmed up yet :dont know:

mzmini said:
Gents FWIW V10 BMW M5s are fitted with a rev limiter that restricts the maximum rpm when cold

Twin Turbo V8 fella... :thumb: V10 was the e60/61 previous model.

C.

Hi Cableguy thanks for pointing that out must remember to read whole thread in future . IIRC the F10 still retains the same type of rev limiting system to save undue engine wear when still not up to full operating temperature
cheers
MZ :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back